Box set and binge viewing megathread.

tinfoilhat

Guest ThaBoom

The North Water

Absolutely brilliant drama with a solid cast including Jack O’Connell, Colin Farrell and Stephen Graham.

Anything starring Stephen Graham,  its always worth a watch but the whole cast are excellent, and Colin Farrell is getting better as he ages. 

Go watch this if you haven't already!

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt7660970/

Edited by ThaBoom
Link

'Happy Valley:' one of the best series ever!

Currently on iplayer. Brilliantly written and Sarah Lancashire is a revelation. Also the series that brought James Norton to the public's attention.

Looking forward to the new series.

Edited by Anna B

Guest ThaBoom
On 19/12/2022 at 14:04, Anna B said:

'Happy Valley:' one of the best series ever!

Currently on iplayer. Brilliantly written and Sarah Lancashire is a revelation. Also the series that brought James Norton to the public's attention.

Looking forward to the new series.

I checked this out (series 1) and was quite drawn to it very quickly- it's slow in parts and there's an awful lot of crying by the main character!

But, definitely worth the watch.

• 2 weeks later...

'Wednesday'.

All 8 episodes over 2 days.

Hard to know who it's aimed at other than the obvious 'Riverdale', 'One Tree Hill', 'Dawson's Creek' kind of crowd.    Teen angst - again.

.........and it's dreadfully mis-cast. Wednesday and Morticia are fine, but they've missed the mark by miles with Gomez, Uncle Fester and Pugsley. They're nothing like.

I watched it with an 8 year old and he was suitably impressed. Me, not so much. That said, some of the in-jokes were funny. The double finger-snaps to open a secret door,  the Tim Burton posters and action figures in one of the episodes he directed, Christina Ricci as one of the teachers etc.

I also dug the dance scene where Wednesday gets it on to The Cramps.

Guest ThaBoom

Without Sin

Only 4 parts so an easy watch.

Stars Vicky Mclure (Line of Duty fame) and she has reunited with other cast members from This is England and Line of Duty.

Very good and tense.

The Thai Cave Rescue

I’ve binge watched The Thai Cave Rescue, 6 episodes, based on a true story of 12 boys and their coach became trapped in a cave after it was flooded at the exit.

How resilient those boys were in such awful conditions and brilliant work from all of the divers who  took part in rescuing the boys..  

It was a bit slow for me at first but the rescue to save all of the boys made up for it.