Box set and binge viewing megathread.

tinfoilhat

• 2 weeks later...

Decided on a whim to check out 'You' on Netflix. Daughter said it was worth a watch. 

8 episodes in to the first series and I don't know if I can be arsed to carry on with it.

Seems to me the protagonist spends his day either stalking, wanking or murdering.  Not a lot of character depth to work with.

I'll give it a couple of episodes into series 2 to see if it's something to hang on to, but at this stage it's not convincing me.

x1YL4KY.jpg

The only plus is there's a bevy of hot chicks.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ThaBoom

Unforgotten- Series 5

Not the same without Nicola Walker, but still worth a binge.

It's another mystery that has a number of suspects and the (sometimes mind boggling) number of characters that slowly fit in.

• 3 weeks later...

Agent Elvis" Trailer - Elvis Battles Dark Forces in Bloody Adult Animated  Series for Netflix - Bloody Disgusting

Adult animated comedy series with Matthew McConnaughy as a foul-mouthed, secret agent Elvis, fighting crimes alongside his psychotically violent, drug-taking chimp sidekick Scatter.

Lots of fun and a fantastic soundtrack too.

1 hour ago, ThaBoom said:

The Night Agent 

Very entertaining series, though the acting isn't the best.

However, if you like spy/ conspiracy type genre then this is right up your street. 

https://www.netflix.com/gb/title/81450827?preventIntent=true

It's not going to win any awards for originality, or indeed acting, but it's entertaining enough to pass the time when you're wide awake at 3am after the clocks have just changed and you've got many many hours to kill... 😉

• 1 month later...

Just finished the first series of the rebooted 'Fantasy Island'. Wasn't expecting much and, at first, I thought that's what I was getting.

Like many modern programs it felt like a 'right on/woke' tick list.

The closet lesbian - tick

The invisible elderly black American woman - tick

The past-middle age woman using bluster and bravado to cover her own inadequacies - tick 

The body-swop women into man, man into woman episode - tick.

But after about 4 episodes I was hooked. Couldn't turn it off. It's not demanding but it does have characters that you come to like. And it has hot chicks.

dtT85xi.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

'Poker Face' on Sky Max.

Fabulous entertainment.

For those who haven't read the blurb, it a kind of cross between Columbo and The Fugitive. It's filmed like old Columbo episodes. The block lettering, the credits.... It's a real 70s throwback.

The lead, the ever-watchable Natasha Lyonne, sounds like Falk and even her mannerisms echo the great man's work. A lot of love has been showed to the past.

It's created by 'Knives Out's Rian Johnson. 

There's a plethora of famous guest stars throughout the 10 episodes. Too many to list, but notables include Ron Pearlman, David Castaneda, Ellen Barkin, Nick Nolte, Tim Russ, Benjamin Bratt, Chloe Sevigny, John Ratzenberger and Simon Helberg.

There's some magnificent throwaway lines and a couple of nods towards Lyonne's other (most famous?) work, 'Orange Is The New Black'.   

Going to give it a few weeks and then watch them all again. They're that good. Roll on 2nd series.

a4kB7Z2.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

The Night Manager 

It’s a spy thriller and all six episodes are on iplayer. 

An ex British solder works as a night manager in an Egyptian hotel. He is contacted by British intelligence to spy on a business man who secretly sells weapons. 

Not bad. I  binged watched it over 4 days.  I wouldn’t be surprised if there is a second series.