BT announces price hikes for landline and broadband customers

According to the following website, existing BT customers with Infinity-1 will automatically be upgraded to the ( up to ) 52MB download speed and an

increase in cloud storage.

http://home.bt.com/tech-gadgets/internet/faster-speeds-and-500gb-free-cloud-storage-discover-why-bt-broadband-is-getting-even-better-for-many-customers-11364056159626

And if you are an existing BT Infinity 1 or Unlimited BT Infinity 1 customer, BT has started

upgrading lines that will support the higher speed, so you don’t have to do anything to enjoy

the speed increase. BT will let you know when it’s done.

That's probably why I only paid £8 for Talktalk line rental last year.

But the trade off is that Talk Talk regularly gives your data away, thanks to terrible security. I'm amazed anyone still uses them.

According to the following website, existing BT customers with Infinity-1 will automatically be upgraded to the ( up to ) 52MB download speed and an

increase in cloud storage.

http://home.bt.com/tech-gadgets/internet/faster-speeds-and-500gb-free-cloud-storage-discover-why-bt-broadband-is-getting-even-better-for-many-customers-11364056159626

I am pretty sure the top speed by infinity has been 76Mb for quite some time. Still a long way off from Virgin at 200Mb. I somehow manage to get a max speed of 210Mb where I am :)

Reading this morning BT made profits of £3.5 billion prior to the increase, Sky profits were up 12% to £1.1 billion. BT is softening the blow by announcing a pledge to repair faults faster and offering free upgrades. Does this mean they have been slacking or are they taking on more engineers?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/money/bt-pockets-profits-35billion-just-7900285

That's right...a pledge to repair faults 24 hour quicker than at present.

That means it will be two weeks and six days, instead of the three weeks it took them last time I had a fault

Good innit!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just got my latest bill and it's now up to nearly £70!

Phone use 0

Using more data 0

What a rip off!

This is what I wanted to post though: the common thing of today's world...

Everything difficult online unless you want to buy more!

I've gone through everything on the website and when you find the pages to alter or remove things... the screen mysteriously shows page not found. ALL of them!

Nothing wrong with the website, because when you click on 'BUY BT Products', the connection suddenly goes into overdrive! The page opens before my mouse is declicked :hihi:

I just got my latest bill and it's now up to nearly £70!

Phone use 0

Using more data 0

What a rip off!

This is what I wanted to post though: the common thing of today's world...

Everything difficult online unless you want to buy more!

I've gone through everything on the website and when you find the pages to alter or remove things... the screen mysteriously shows page not found. ALL of them!

Nothing wrong with the website, because when you click on 'BUY BT Products', the connection suddenly goes into overdrive! The page opens before my mouse is declicked :hihi:

£70 a month with no calls or data excess?? That cant be right.

My last bill was half that and had at least a dozen non-inclusive calls within it.

Do you have any TV or sports subscription?

£70 a month with no calls or data excess?? That cant be right.

My last bill was half that and had at least a dozen non-inclusive calls within it.

Do you have any TV or sports subscription?

I have the basic TV thing Ecco, and BT sports (which I didn't ask for, it got given to me when I joined 2 years ago).

I still think it's a con. I've looked at my bills online, and despite changing absolutely nothing, last year it was around 40-45, last couple of bills 64 and 67.

It's the [new] trick online these days of adding things, and you have to make an effort to opt out. I've made an effort, and it doesn't work, so I now have to queue to speak to someone through 'option this and that' malarky.

I know this method Ecco. I've seen it on other sites (Natwest comes to mind as a recent one, and facebook has always done it), and it's definitely becoming part of all the new algorithms that sites use. When I get through I'm just cancelling the whole thing, it's *****d me off too much. I'll do without the internet because they're all same now. I'd prefer to cut it.