Cosmogenesis .

How did the universe start?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. How did the universe start?

• Constructed pretty much as it is by a god or gods who take a continuing interest in us
    • Big bang or similar initiated by a god or gods who takes a continuing interest in us
    • Big bang or similar initiated by an intelligence of some kind
    • Big bang or similar initiated naturally
    • Always been here and always will be
    • Sneezed out of the nose of the Great Green Arkleseizure
    • Other

But not as silly as the universe emerged from non existence.

So are you suggesting that the world should pay more attention to what you are suggesting, rather than what mainstream science suggest in regards to how the Universe came about?

Perhaps it becomes a white hole and eventually regurgitates all the matter and energy that it swallowed.

Do you get all your science from Red Dwarf or something?

The matter and energy sucked into a black hole does not disappear. It becomes part of the black hole and in turn makes it bigger.

But not as silly as the universe emerged from non existence.

Far sillier. The fact that you can't see that is the reason for all the pointing and laughing.

So are you suggesting that the world should pay more attention to what you are suggesting, rather than what mainstream science suggest in regards to how the Universe came about?

Nope the world can pay attention to whom ever it wishes, and most of the world still think God did it.

---------- Post added 09-05-2016 at 19:56 ----------

The matter and energy sucked into a black hole does not disappear. It becomes part of the black hole and in turn makes it bigger.

In which post did I say it disappeared, I said maybe it turns into a white hole and regurgitates it all back into the universe. A bit like a big recycling machine, it takes in old matter and energy and turns it back into the stuff that builds stars and galaxies.

In which post did I say it disappeared, I said maybe it turns into a white hole and regurgitates it all back into the universe. A bit like a big recycling machine, it takes in old matter and energy and turns it back into the stuff that builds stars and galaxies.

You've got to be kidding.

Nope the world can pay attention to whom ever it wishes, and most of the world still think God did it.

No, I am asking what your opinion is. Who should we pay more notice to on the origin of the Universe. You, or mainstream science?

No, I am asking what your opinion is. Who should we pay more notice to on the origin of the Universe. You, or mainstream science?

I'm not asking you to pay attention to anyone, I'm just offering the opinions that the OP asked for.

Just in case you forgot what he asked for.

I'm interested in what the forum thinks on the matter of how the universe started.

I've listed all the options I'm aware of that are reasonably popular.

I've left an "other" just in case...

I'd be grateful if those voting other could enlighten me.

I'm not asking you to pay attention to anyone, I'm just offering the opinions that the OP asked for.

Just in case you forgot what he asked for.

Surely what you believe has to be guided by something, rather than just pulling theories out of thin air.

Surely what you believe has to be guided by something, rather than just pulling theories out of thin air.

Why must it be guided by something other than thinking about the reasons for existence.

Some people think God did it, I think that's impossible.

Some people think that it spontaneously expanded from non existence, I think that's impossible.

That leaves the universe always existed.

Why must it be guided by something other than thinking about the reasons for existence.

Some people think God did it, I think that's impossible.

Some people think that it spontaneously expanded from non existence, I think that's impossible.

That leaves the universe always existed.

It is clearly a logical fallacy to suggest that something eternal coming from nowhere is somehow more plausible than something finite in time doing so.

I would have thought that was obvious.

Not to mention all the other problems we've discussed which arise in an eternal universe, data showing expansion, unexplained and somehow unobserved sources of fresh hydrogen combined inevitably with sinks of heavier elements.