Cosmogenesis .

How did the universe start?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. How did the universe start?

• Constructed pretty much as it is by a god or gods who take a continuing interest in us
    • Big bang or similar initiated by a god or gods who takes a continuing interest in us
    • Big bang or similar initiated by an intelligence of some kind
    • Big bang or similar initiated naturally
    • Always been here and always will be
    • Sneezed out of the nose of the Great Green Arkleseizure
    • Other

The void is both spaceless and timeless. But that doesn't mean it doesn't fluctuate.

In this model the quantum fluctuation initially formed a bubble of highly curved space-time with either zero, or very close to zero net-energy. From then on it expanded eventually growing into the universe we see today.

Lets revisit this idea.

If the void is spaceless and timeless then it doesn't exist, out of this non existence you say the entire universe emerged.

Non existence is an unproven assumption with no evidence to support it.

The physics and maths breaks down before you get to the singularity, so lets start with the universe being the size of a golf ball.

If the entire universe was squished into a mass the size of a gold ball it would have unimaginable gravity but it still managed to expand, what overcame gravity and caused the expansion?

So lets remove the unproven assumption that it started with the void and start the same process in a universe that already existed. If all that mass can fit into a very small space in your model it can fit into the same space in my model. If it can expand in your model it can expand in my model.

In your model does it continue to expand for all eternity or does it all vanish back into the void?

You claimed that gravity would eventually pull everything back together in an infinite universe with no beginning, why doesn't that happen in your model or does the matter, energy, vacuum and gravity vanish back into the void?

Lets revisit this idea.

If the void is spaceless and timeless then it doesn't exist, out of this non existence you say the entire universe emerged.

The physics and maths breaks down before you get to the singularity, so lets start with the universe being the size of a golf ball.

If the entire universe was squished into a mass the size of a gold ball it would have unimaginable gravity but it still managed to expand, what overcame gravity and caused the expansion?

So lets remove the unproven assumption that it started with the void and start the same process in a universe that already existed. If all that mass can fit into a very small space in your model it can fit into the same space in my model. If it can expand in your model it can expand in my model.

In your model does it continue to expand for all eternity or does it all vanish back into the void?

You claimed that gravity would eventually pull everything back together in an infinite universe with no beginning, why doesn't that happen in your model or does the matter, energy, vacuum and gravity vanish back into the void?

Current evidence strongly indicates that it expands forever. It was driven initially by inflation and later by a combination of momentum from the initial expansion and dark energy.

Would you please have a look at this wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second...thermodynamics

Then come back and tell me how the suttyverse black holes get around it.

Current evidence strongly indicates that it expands forever. It was driven initially by inflation and later by a combination of momentum from the initial expansion and dark energy.

You claimed that gravity would eventually pull everything back together in an infinite universe with no beginning, why doesn't that happen in your model?

You claimed that gravity would eventually pull everything back together in an infinite universe with no beginning, why doesn't that happen in your model?

Because of the effect of the big bang, also probably the repulsive effect of dark energy.

You've rejected dark energy multiple times as an "assumption", but if you want you can have it in the suttyverse to hold it apart, somehow perfectly balanced with gravity so that the density of the suttyverse remains constant.

Would you please have a look at this wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second...thermodynamics

Because of the effect of the big bang, also probably the repulsive effect of dark energy.

Dark energy and dark matter are both assumed because the current modal doesn't work with out them.

But assuming it exists it would still exist regardless of whether the universe is finite with a beginning or infinite with no beginning.

It seams to me that the suttyverse is only governed by one rule - suttylogic. Or would it be more accurate to describe it as MrSmithlogic?

What if he is right!

And puts Hawking and Kaku out of work, and onto Universal Credit?

Dark energy and dark matter are both assumed because the current modal doesn't work with out them.

But assuming it exists it would still exist regardless of whether the universe is finite with a beginning or infinite with no beginning.

Having not completely proven ideas is obviously less devastating to a model than being in conflict with things which are proven. Such as the second law of thermodynamics.

Having not completely proven ideas is obviously less devastating to a model than being in conflict with things which are proven.

So you say that quantum fluctuations created a universe including all the matter and energy, and that it will one day die an heat death but last for ever, expanding for all eternity into infinity and quantum fluctuation will never again create new matter in this universe, that begs the question how did it create it all out of the void that didn't exist, but can't create it out of the vacuum that does exist?

Its not logical to assume that Big Bang ended non existence and started an existence that will expand into infinity but with nothing else ever happening.

If the universe does end soon will I be painfully and slowly ripped apart atom by atom, or painfully and slowly compressed into nothing, or just suddenly vanish in a split second?

You guys should be able to answer this. Sutty? Unbeliever?

If the universe does end soon will I be painfully and slowly ripped apart atom by atom, or painfully and slowly compressed into nothing, or just suddenly vanish in a split second?

You guys should be able to answer this. Sutty? Unbeliever?

It doesn't end in either model but life would end for all eternity in the big bang model because the universe dies and remains cold for the rest of time.