Cosmogenesis .

How did the universe start?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. How did the universe start?

• Constructed pretty much as it is by a god or gods who take a continuing interest in us
    • Big bang or similar initiated by a god or gods who takes a continuing interest in us
    • Big bang or similar initiated by an intelligence of some kind
    • Big bang or similar initiated naturally
    • Always been here and always will be
    • Sneezed out of the nose of the Great Green Arkleseizure
    • Other

There would be infinite cold bits and infinite hot bits gong through continuous cycles of hot and cold for ever with no beginning and no end and density would vary through out the infinite universe.

Explain why and how you think this would happen in the suttyverse.

We have our own space-time. There is no boundary in the way that you describe.

So whet would happen if we got to the out edge of our bubble of reality?

Not infinite. But potentially very large.
Why not infinite?

That doesn't mean anything.

The void is non existence and if non existence can become a universe as you claimed then non existence can become infinite universes each one in its own reality, with each universe spawning infinite other universes all with their own reality.

---------- Post added 14-05-2016 at 12:30 ----------

That's not possible.

It substantially more likely than non existence which we don't know to be possible spawning infinite universe that can all spawn an infinite number of other universes.

---------- Post added 14-05-2016 at 12:32 ----------

Explain why and how you think this would happen in the suttyverse.

Read back through the topic.

Now you explain how non existence turned into existence?

So whet would happen if we got to the out edge of our bubble of reality?

The furthest parts of the universe are moving away from us at well above the speed of light.

It's impossible to visualise in your head, because your head works in 3d at best and this is 4d.

Would you please have a look at this wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second...thermodynamics

Then come back and tell me how the suttyverse black holes get around it.

The furthest parts of the universe are moving away from us at well above the speed of light.

What it moving into?

Is it displacing anything?

What would happen if a life form living on a planet that existed on the very out edge of the universe tried to cross the boundary?

Read back through the topic.

You speculated a few bits and bobs, but you haven't really explained how the suttyverse would work. Maybe you could start by showing us the maths behind it.

Now you explain how non existence turned into existence?

I'm comfortable with the notion that I may not understand everything that has ever happened within the universe, and I certainly do not need to find comfort in my own special made up universe.

What it moving into?

Is it displacing anything?

What would happen if a life form living on a planet that existed on the very out edge of the universe tried to cross the boundary?

No, it's not displacing anything. Existence itself is growing.

There is no edge. Remember the balloon surface analogy.

Would you please have a look at this wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second...thermodynamics

I'm not addressing any more of your questions until you do.

You speculated a few bits and bobs, but you haven't really explained how the suttyverse would work. Maybe you could start by showing us the maths behind it.

The maths and physics don't work for the big Bang theory, it all speculation based on one assumption after another.

I'm comfortable with the notion that I may not understand everything that has ever happened within the universe, and I certainly do not need to find comfort in my own special made up universe.

Me too, it just appears to exist and that's all that matters, for a fleeting moment we get to enjoy life then we die and fade away to be recycled into something else that won't know or care what it's matter used to be.

---------- Post added 14-05-2016 at 12:49 ----------

No, it's not displacing anything. Existence itself is growing.

There is no edge. Remember the balloon surface analogy.

So existence is growing inside existence which is growing inside existence. Using the balloon idea means that something could be both billions of miles from us whilst touching us. If I stand back to back with you and walk away from you I would have to travel about 25,000 miles to get to you or I cold turn round and get to you without moving.

WMAP also confirmed the universe to be flat and infinite not curved.

Edited by sutty27

So existence is growing inside existence which is growing inside existence. Using the balloon idea means that something could be both billions of miles from us whilst touching us. If I stand back to back with you and walk away from you I would have to travel about 25,000 miles to get to you or I cold turn round and get to you without moving.

WMAP also confirmed the universe to be flat and infinite not curved.

WMAP was a detailed map of the cosmic microwave background.

It confirmed that there is dark matter and dark energy, which you don't believe in. It confirmed that it started with a big bang which you don't believe in. It confirmed that the universe is spatially flat. Remember that we're talking about 4d space-time.

It most certainly did not say that it was infinite.

---------- Post added 14-05-2016 at 12:57 ----------

When you explain how a universe gets round the problem of starting from nothing.

I already have. You just don't like the answer.

Vacuum fluctuations (yes "vacuum" is a bit of a misnomer here) in the void.