Sledging in Sheffield when you were young

peterw

we used to go down the brook near hartley brook rd ,we always ended up in the brook our dad made us a sledge at work he was a welder and it was like a bullet we had some fun back then.

Your dad must be a jack of all trades, i remember him artexing my mums kitchen, lol.

Richmond Park... oh the memories :hihi:

Coming down from the flats on Stardbroke road, trying not to land in the stream at the bottom, oh what fun.

Also "Sheperds Hill" opposite the Hollin Bush Pub, as many as possible on a car bonnet trying to get over the second hill at the bottom. the only problem was pulling it all the way back up. there would be hundreds of people, suprised it's only been mentioned once?

My dad made a sledge for me and my sis when we were young and I still have it to this day, we used to go in Longley park sledging in the snow (crashing into a few trees) or sometimes Chaucer school field. My kids have used the sledge over the last couple of years but haven't had half as much fun with it it as me and my sis did!

• 1 month later...

Archived