Where can I take my Gran for lunch?

squidge00

My gran and aunty are coming to pay me a visit this Saturday and would like to do a bit of shopping in town before we have something to eat.

I am going to show them round the Peace Gardens since this is where i will be getting married in August.

However, i need somewhere in town to take them to lunch. It can't be too expensive and it can't be too modern - a pub with a beer garden or something similar would be good. Anyone got any suggestions?

How about the Red Lion - anyone been there?

Cheers, Nx

As far as I know The Red Lion still does food and I have only ever heard good reports. Rutland Arms is good too.

There's the Brown Bear but its pretty vile nowadays.

Then there are places like the Devonshire Cat, and a bit further afield the Fat Cat.

I'm a gran and if my family took me for a meal I would love to go to Jumbo's. Been there several times and never been disappointed. Having said that I love chinese food. It's a set price for a buffet (about £7 in the day I think) and you can have a drink as well.:)

Aunt Sallys on Glossop road is good for traditional pub food, and you get plenty of it :D

If you like your food to be reheated and deep fried, Aunt Sallys Cheap and cheerful. Spend the extra couple of pounds and go to the devonshire cat, i've taken my own granma there before and she really liked it. THey have traditonal stuff and different stuff so you can pllease everyone.:thumbsup:

If you like your food to be reheated and deep fried, Aunt Sallys Cheap and cheerful. Spend the extra couple of pounds and go to the devonshire cat, i've taken my own granma there before and she really liked it. THey have traditonal stuff and different stuff so you can pllease everyone.:thumbsup:

Had to admit, these are the same thoughts that i had about Aunt Sallys...:gag:

Archived