Looking for Mortons

My father Ernest who died in 1959 had two brothers Walter and Arthur. My sister and I only found out about them well after our fathers death. There may have been some estrangement! I traced a Walter Morton to an address - 513 Manchester Road, Crosspool where he lived with his wife Florence until their deaths in the 60s. I believe they had no children. I have not been able to trace a Arthur Morton. Is there anyone who thinks these brothers may be some relation or in laws of theirs?

I wonder if this might be your family.

1911 census - 58 Ellerton Rd, Firth Park, Sheffield.

Arthur Morton, head, (married 21 years), 45yrs, Steel moulder, born Chesterfield.

Emma Elizabeth Morton, wife, 47yrs, born Burton, Staffordshire.

Walter Morton, son, 20yrs, Motor mechanic, born Sheffield.

Arthur Morton, son, 18yrs, Grocers assistant,born Sheffield.

Ernest Morton, son, 16yrs, Metallurgy, steel foundry, born Sheffield.

In the 1901 census the family are living at 7 Gerald St, Attercliffe, Sheffield.

Son Arthur is down as Arthur C. Morton.

1939 Register.

85 Mason Lathe Lane, Sheffield. Ernest Morton, born 20 Jun 1894, Insurance agent, married. (one other record closed).

513 Manchester Rd, Sheffield.

Walter Morton, born 26 Sep 1890, Motor mechanic, married.

Florence E. Morton, born 6 Jun 1909, married.

Sheffield Evening Telegraph, 27 Nov 1914.

DEATHS.

Arthur Cox Morton, the beloved son of Arthur Morton and the late Emma Elizabeth

Morton, passed away 26 November age 22 years. Service at St.Cuthberts at

3 o'clock Monday November 30th. Interment Burngreave, Scott Road entrance.

Burial from the Sheffield Indexers site.

Arthur Morton age 22, died at 58 Ellerson Road. Buried 30th November 1914,

Burngreave Cemetery, grave no.703,section BB.

Also in the same grave is Emma Elizabeth Morton (wife of A. Morton age 51).

Died at 58 Ellerton Road, buried 10 October, 1914.

Both were removed from St. Cuthberts Parish.

Moira.

Moira,

You are brilliant. This IS my fathers family. As I said, we never knew of the existence of the two brothers and so now I know that one died relatively young.For some reason my father never spoke about his family. He was married in 1918 to a Ivy Mustill who died in January 1941 aged 46 at Mason Lathe Road, then married my mother Rose in August 1941! She had come over to England from Ireland and nursed at City General Hospital, leaving there to work in my fathers home nursing his sick wife. Indecent haste!!! I can't be blamed as I was born over a year after the wedding. He was nearly 50 and my mother n her early twenties. Perhaps his family disapproved of it?

We have managed to track down bits and pieces like the sister of Ivy and her husband, but who both died in the 1990s.

What has eluded us is that there seems to have been a small son Eric who died but there is only one occupant of Ivys grave in Shiregreen Cemetery. It may have been an infant death. We don't know!

Anyway, many thanks for the research. A bit of the jigsaw puzzle filled.