Speeding camera (M1 Northbound before J29)

Yep, its a variable speed camera. Loads of them along the smart motorway and they're only active when the sign above them is illuminated. My wife pointed out that some people had been had been "claiming" that they're on all the time but that's utter poppycock.

No, they are the yellow ones. These are actually concealed (more or less) and are only active on one spot.

---------- Post added 04-05-2016 at 22:41 ----------

Correct, those are the ones. Very common in the Netherlands, not so common here which is why I thought I'd make people aware.

I haven't been caught out as I usually don't speed, but I am sure that in the future, had I not known about them, they would have resulted in a fine and points.

Regarding all the 'if you don't speed you don't get caught' posts - I hope you stay in the inner three lanes, thanks.

No, they are the yellow ones. These are actually concealed (more or less) and are only active on one spot.

---------- Post added 04-05-2016 at 22:41 ----------

Correct, those are the ones. Very common in the Netherlands, not so common here which is why I thought I'd make people aware.

I haven't been caught out as I usually don't speed, but I am sure that in the future, had I not known about them, they would have resulted in a fine and points.

Regarding all the 'if you don't speed you don't get caught' posts - I hope you stay in the inner three lanes, thanks.

What's the rush? Do you have a kidney on board ready for transplant?

Chillax!

Warning!!!

The main Barclays Bank also has cctv cameras, please be careful if you are considering a robbery. Heads up!

I understand some supermarkets have cctv as well, so keep the speed down with those trolleys.

Dont speed and there's no problem !

..“One of the things Ford Prefect had always found hardest to understand about humans was their habit of continually stating and repeating the very very obvious.”

Edited by Odd-jobs
I'm trying to cut down my levels of biting sarcasm