Speeding camera (M1 Northbound before J29)

The ACPO guideline is 10%+2 though, not just 10%.

Individual forces tend to keep their exact numbers under wraps, for obvious reasons I guess.

Although I did see on telly when you lift the lid on a Gatso there is a little dial to set the exact number.

Unfortunately all I can tell you is somewhere in Essex a Gatso is set at 35mph in a 30 limit :hihi::hihi::hihi:

The ACPO guideline is 10%+2 though, not just 10%.
10% or not, +2 on top or not...it's still a guideline though, whence my use of the conditional.

I've known plenty of people personally (and read plenty of threads and posts on here and elsewhere) over the years, wherein they've been 'done' for less than 5% above. Having previous, giving lip, policeman having an off day, <etc.> it all plays a role in the exercise of discretion (which is what guidelines are about).

Also...where interception by a policeman/team was involved, a recurring and common aspect seems to be the timing in the month: you're better off not speeding at all in the last week of it :twisted:;)

Redundant in the case of automated cameras, all that said (...unless the camera operator/force/authority can exercise that discretion as well?)

You'd think it would be obvious but the whinging speeding drivers on here blame everything but. They say it's a stealth tax or hidden camera rather than just simply boating the law like they should. :rant:

No-one has said it's a stealth tax, no-one is blaming anything but themselves, I said it was sneaky where it's placed and the fact it's the same colour as the gantry. :)

No-one has said it's a stealth tax, no-one is blaming anything but themselves, I said it was sneaky where it's placed and the fact it's the same colour as the gantry. :)

Maybe not on here no but this is not the first speed camera thread. Often when I read threads and posts about speed cameras stealth tax is mentioned. Even a quick google search of speed cameras and campaigns against them this phrase is quoted.

I dont see why its a problem what colour it is or where its placed. Why is it even an issue and so difficult to keep to a speed limit.

Is there any real reason why the speed limit hasn't risen on motorways. Seems a bit daft it still been 70mph, presumably cars are far more suitable at speeds above 70 m.p.h than the cars from the 60s/70s when the limit was decided.

Maybe not on here no but this is not the first speed camera thread. Often when I read threads and posts about speed cameras stealth tax is mentioned. Even a quick google search of speed cameras and campaigns against them this phrase is quoted.

I dont see why its a problem what colour it is or where its placed. Why is it even an issue and so difficult to keep to a speed limit.

Well it is an issue what colour they are (initial post I provided a link) stating that they were paining all 200 of them from grey to yellow. This makes them very visible and will stop this "stealth camera" tag it has. It's not difficult to stick to the speed limit, I choose to set my cruise control to around 75mph (due to the % of leeway allowed) and accept that if I get caught it's my own fault.

Do the yellow cameras that do the average speed check in the 50 road work zones actually work? It's not that I'm worried for myself but often wonder if the people doing 70mph past me are going to be getting tickets!

Do the yellow cameras that do the average speed check in the 50 road work zones actually work? It's not that I'm worried for myself but often wonder if the people doing 70mph past me are going to be getting tickets!

They sure do work ,brother in law got done by them when they were between j28 to j31