Advice on alcoholic drunks harassing me/passers by

Email your local councillors and ask them what they can do about it.

---------- Post added 06-05-2016 at 01:17 ----------

Do they still have the area panels where representatives from the police and council attend? If so, try and raise this there too.

There used to be a Neighbourhood Action Group (NAG) for each area that dealt specifically with anti-social behaviour but these were a victim of the cuts. Ditto the SCC Safer Neighbourhood Teams. Ain't austerity great?

I've experienced this too and it's awful. Waiting for a bus at Arundel Gate after work at 8pm and constantly being intimidated to give money. The police certainly should be doing something. They sit in the doorway of the Select and Save and harass people. It goes beyond begging - they stand in your face and demand money.

The homeless people Ive spoken to on West St at night say they usually only come out on Friday & Saturday nights for a few hours which is enough time to earn £100, then they go home for the night. Personally I blame the do gooders who give them money believing they are genuinely homeless. In fact I give more credence to the guys pretending to be homeless than the person giving them money.

---------- Post added 08-05-2016 at 13:31 ----------

The police certainly should be doing something. They sit in the doorway of the Select and Save and harass people.

The police certainly shouldn't be sat in doorways harassing people, thats just wrong.

The homeless people Ive spoken to on West St at night say they usually only come out on Friday & Saturday nights for a few hours which is enough time to earn £100, then they go home for the night. Personally I blame the do gooders who give them money believing they are genuinely homeless. In fact I give more credence to the guys pretending to be homeless than the person giving them money.

!00% agree

A man approached me in Sheffield city centre, asking if I had 20p for him to buy a cup of tea...

I wanna know where in Sheffield you can get a cup of tea for 20p!! :suspect: take me there straight away!

Ironically I was once asked this, and I went away and did this man the favour of procuring him a fresh cup of tea (which cost a lot more than 20p by the way).

Imagine my surprise when my kind actions were met with a torrent of abuse. Apparently he didn't want tea at all.

are you living in student accommodation by any chance? If so you should report this to your university landlords.They are usually keen to make sure that their students are comfortable because if you are not it makes it more difficult to let the property next year.

Ironically I was once asked this, and I went away and did this man the favour of procuring him a fresh cup of tea (which cost a lot more than 20p by the way).

Imagine my surprise when my kind actions were met with a torrent of abuse. Apparently he didn't want tea at all.

A familiar tale I fear. I think the lesson for us all is to offer to buy them the said product. What you will find if I am right is they will get angry and refuse (because really they want the money to go towards booze). If they are genuine and there are genuine people out there. They will accept your gift with open arms. I would if I was in that situation. So if we all do this instead of giving money it will stop the fakers and provide the genuine ones with food and drink.

Put your self in there position, you have no money, you are hungry etc etc you are thirsty, is it a cup of tea you would ask for? so you could go to the cafe and sit down at the table with a nice piping hot cup of tea,

They are alcoholics and all they are concerned about is where the next drink is coming from. They are drug addicts.