Are Northern folk generally thick?

• 4 weeks later...
Omg North Korea Alert

Searching my threads and posting must mean that things are very quiet on here at night these days! :hihi::hihi:

(I wouldn't discuss NK though, they're watching! :hihi:)

How's that for paranoia? :shocked:

;)

Northerners are generally less well educated than southern folk. This doesn't make them thick though, just less academically inclined.

You need both the educated and the non-educated to make a society function. Northerners are more happy to do the lower skilled jobs, like mining and steel working, that a southerner would be ashamed to do.

Horses for courses.

I have ask my geordie friend and he says it should be/ "They are" .:thumbsup:

Evidently IQ increases as you go past Sheffield:hihi:

Edit: In either direction.

Edited by davyboy
removed question marks

Northerners are generally less well educated than southern folk. This doesn't make them thick though, just less academically inclined.

You need both the educated and the non-educated to make a society function. Northerners are more happy to do the lower skilled jobs, like mining and steel working, that a southerner would be ashamed to do.

Horses for courses.

So what do we do now the coal and steel industry has been decimated?

I'd say there are more intelligent people IN the south, as the majority of high-intelligence jobs are there. But a lot of those workers are also bound to have come from the north. So no, I wouldn't say southerners are any smarter than northerners. Our accents are what make us sound stupid. Am goin' t'town, it's int' car, etc.

PS. Where does the north start? I wouldn't class Chesterfield/Derbyshire as north, so is Sheffield (only ten miles further) really the north?

Our accents are what make us sound stupid. Am goin' t'town, it's int' car, etc.

And the shrill, high-pitched screeches that emanate from the gobs of the cast of Eastenders are a sign of intelligence?