The Jam 2006 megathread

The Jam '06

Hi

The Jam (fka Devonshire Jam) returns to Sheffield on Bank Holiday Monday (1st May)

We have some of Sheffields finest bands, including A is fior Ape, Nine More Lies, Monkey Swallows the Universe, and many many more

We also have the cream of Sheffields best DJs, including superstar DJ Anne Savage!!

We also have arts and craft stalls, as well as loads of other suprise activities to keep you entertained

The festival is taking place at the The HUBs (Hallam Union) and The Pinball Park next door.

It kicks of at 12pm and carries on till 8pm..; when the afterparty starts off upstairs in the HUBs- free to all Jam go- ers

Get yourself down there on Monday for a chilled out day in the sun and plenty of :headbang: and :clap:

For more info, check out hallamjam.com

See you then

OK so everyone just complain about them putting on a free festival for you. All anyone seems to have done is complain about this, I don't get it! It's a bank holiday, get some beers and come and watch some bands for free. You might even have a good time, shock horror...

I'm still gonna come down but the point I was making was that out of all the metal bands in and around Sheffield they hardly ever make an appearance at these free festivals. I always feel that the organisers think that this type of music is not appropriate yet there are many followers. Just walk down division street on any weekend.

Its either that metal bands don't come forward or they get rejected. I've seen two metal bands play West Street Live in the mid week (thursday) and on both occasions they were almost as full as a Saturday night yet I've seen Blues and Indie bands on the same nights playing to 10 people in the same venue....believe it or not, they're BOTH playing the Jam.

I realise that its a no win situation for the organiser and you cannot please everyone. I'm not a musician myself but I love supporting live music and I must say there are a couple of bands playing at the Jam that I've seen and are really really good. So I'll be checking those out.

I just wanted people to know that when the line-up was announced my heart sank and my immediate thoughts were 'I knew it..no hard rock AGAIN'

I do see where your coming form artangel as I was kinda gutted about the lack of drum and bass represented in the dj line up (again probably due to playing it safe with house music). The only dj representing breaks is myself, which i think is wrong for a full day of DJ's but hey as you said you can't please everyone and playing it safe seems to be the only option at these community type things!

Archived