The Jam 2006 megathread

The Jam '06

well you need to open your eyes matey because to me the majority is funky house? 3 out of 8 are funky, 2 electro, 1 old school, 1 trance and 1 hard house, so erm yeah thats more funky house than any other genre.

Oh my god! Who gives a flying f**k??? I mean seriously! :gag: Give it a rest.

So what did you think of the bands Sheffieldism? Or did you just sit in the HUBS bar all day with a tally chart of who was funky, who was electro who was electro-funk, who was electro-funk-oldskool-with-a-rebellious-propensity-to-venture-into-occasional-cheese? :loopy:

I thought the band line up was pretty good and I'm sorry I missed the event. I know how difficult it is to try and organise stuff like this so I think well done and I look forward to next to years

As for the guy who says he's not a recluse - why do you spend so much of your time on here doing numerous amounts of posts?

Why do you spend so much time reading them and getting all het up? Agent_Gypo could hardly be called a recluse by anyone's standards. I don't think it's possible to be a recluse when working in the sphere of promoting/DJing/doing creative stuff. Maybe the more vocal among us have been moaners, but I think some good points were raised that could be considered for future events (or possibly ignored - I don't care, really). What I find bizarre are the number of people sitting reading our posts and analysing what we say (I had no idea who you were talking about when you said "the guy who says he's not a recluse" - I thought it might be me - that's ego for ya), getting ready to shout down any opinion that might be construed as being unnecessarily negative. Why not just say something positive? Surely it would be better to do that than find a clever argument to accuse someone of pedantry, when in fact they were just pointing something about based on rational logic, which really, is becoming a bit underused.

Lets hear some good stuff about the bands (or, for that matter, any of the DJ sets)...

Oh my god! Who gives a flying f**k??? I mean seriously! :gag: Give it a rest.

So what did you think of the bands Sheffieldism? Or did you just sit in the HUBS bar all day with a tally chart of who was funky, who was electro who was electro-funk, who was electro-funk-oldskool-with-a-rebellious-propensity-to-venture-into-occasional-cheese? :loopy:

Nacho, keep quiet you muppet.

To those of you that came along and had positive things to say :D thankyou sooo much! Its been nearly a year of hard work but it seems worth it if those that came enjoyed it!!!!!!!

It would have been great if more people had come along but i was pleased to see you all braving the rain and enjoying the sunshine, sometimes at the same time!!

I agree that extra publicity would have attracted more people. it's dissapointing that some of you didnt see any of the flyers or posters that the volunteers spent ages putting about (in between finishing their dissertations!!) but i promise you we tried really hard to get the word about - amongst other things we contacted local mags and radio station who unfortunately either didn't include us or only gave us a tiny mention..

As for it happening again next year, that depends on whether or not a student agrees to take it on - no one has yet tho! - and to be honest ive found all your comments really upsetting after all the hard work, so please give whoever does the job a chance........

xxx

The people I went with all said it was a top day and I had a great time, so don't feel too bad. Was great to have a good day and not pay a fortune for it.

• 11 months later...

Archived