The Jam 2006 megathread

The Jam '06

The Jam 06 will no doubt be a success as always. What everyone needs to understand is that the organisers do all this for free.

It takes months of planning, the expense builds and I would guess that if they had asked for volunteers fro the general public to help with the initial planning they would have been disappointed.

I take my hat off to them. Maybe if this years Middlewood Festival goes well we could look at live music next year?

Don't forget that the Sharrow Festival in Mount Pleasant Park always has diverse music on. So its not strictly true that Rock gets left out.

How so?

Its just that these people (not specifically forum members) come out of the woodwork and moan when things change like the Jam06 has,or are not meeting every one of their individual requirements. But if you had said last year, come on board raise some funds and sit at endless meetings planning the event they would most likely have run a mile.:rolleyes:

Its just that these people (not specifically forum members) come out of the woodwork and moan when things change like the Jam06 has,or are not meeting every one of their individual requirements. But if you had said last year, come on board raise some funds and sit at endless meetings planning the event they would most likely have run a mile.:rolleyes:

I fully appreciate the amount of work required in organizing such events, and you're fully right to criticise my moaning (tbh I regretted making the post because it isn't really the place to deride a community event). I've 'organized' in various capacities before, and I understand the amount of effort/arguing/politics that goes on. It really wasn't about any 'individual requirements', if you read my post.

Good luck to the Hallam Jam and Middlewood festival. :thumbsup:

kassien are playing at the JAM!! make sure you get down there to hear their set. The ultimate in Minimal, Electro and tech house/techno! A future sheffield hero and deservedly CARGO resident!! Kassien, U ROK!!

CARGO @ The Bedroom, every Tuesday 7 while l8!!

Hope the negative posts don't put people off - best way is to get down there and see for yourself, its free, you can leave if your not impressed, but you might have an awesome day and get a tan in the sunshine! :thumbsup:

Hannahdlz and I are doing one of the craft stalls in an attempt to get our hobbies of the ground, bit scared to be honest but I have no doubt it'll be an amazing day so come and say hello if you can! :D

Hope to see you all there, S x

It rained... on and off all day... they handed out free rain macs to the crowd.

WELL DONE YOU!

The bands were brillliant... no doubt, they had me dancing from the get go!

Little fox cub took it upon himself to be litter monitor and spent all day filling the bins!

Outcome, fab day had by all, little fox was given £4 by strangers for being tidy (which he has asked me to give to charity) and he was made member of the team for the day and given a hallam jam shirt. He is so chuffed, he loves you guys.

Thank you so much !

Fox xxx

I enjoyed most of the day. I thought a couple of the bands were excellent! Nine More Lies and Hooker Bentley.

I also thought some of them were dire! but I suppose if the organisers hadn't seen them live before they wouldn't have known. I thought there should have been a limit on the swearing though. I took my son (8) who is into his metal and it got a bit embarassing when a lot of the bands we saw were 'F-ing' and blinding. Also, a couple of the bands didn't seem to realise they were out of tune which I thought was amateur but I did enjoy the day as a whole.

Archived