The Jam 2006 megathread

The Jam '06

I thought the whole thing was pretty shocking, 1 stage with maybe 2 bands that played well. Nothing to do apart from a climbing wall and a vegetarian food van, inside was a joke lol. You can't have a festival on concrete! The Howard on the other hand wasn't half as bad.

Yet again Hallam Students Union puts on an event that is poorly publicised and ill-attended.

There were some great dj's on, Ann Savage was a real coup and Chris Paul was great too, just a shame nobody was around to see it.

Where were the stalls from last year? I counted 4 tables stuck out of the way of the crowds (if you can call it a crowd), with a small number of people looking very bored sat around them.

Security mentioned problems with licensing laws, hence they were only allowed x-amount of people outside. Fair enough, but why not kill off the bands outside at 8 as planned, then move the event inside and have the dj's playing until the small hours like Hallam do on their club nights?

According to Hallams website, each Pod holds 220 people, and the building can hold 900. During Ann Savage's set, there can't have been more than 40 people around, and that number dwindled towards the end.

If the place was full, it would have been blinding. Most people didn't even know it was on.

Hallam Students Union have used this building very poorly since they moved in. Look at Sheffield University Students Union, who regularly put on well publicised events that are frequently packed.

We went to the barbeque at Bar One after, which was also free. This event was absolutely packed to the rafters.

Yet again Hallam Students Union puts on an event that is poorly publicised and ill-attended. Where were the stalls from last year? I counted 4 tables stuck out of the way of the crowds (if you can call it a crowd), with a small number of people looking very bored sat around them

I agree

There were some great dj's on, Ann Savage was a real coup and Chris Paul was great too, just a shame nobody was around to see it

Couldn't comment as we brought the whole family and kids were barred from DJ venue! But they had fun watching the bands :)

I thought the whole thing was pretty shocking, 1 stage with maybe 2 bands that played well. Nothing to do apart from a climbing wall and a vegetarian food van, inside was a joke lol. You can't have a festival on concrete! The Howard on the other hand wasn't half as bad.

I'm in full agreement. The event was poorly organised and hardly anyone was there. The Lescar on Sharrowvale Road was busier than this.

Some of the DJ's were great, but since nobody was around to see them there wasn't really much point.

We get more people inside for Dirty Cheese at The Vine, and this event had Ann Savage playing, what the hell was going on?!!!!!

I don't know who is behind publicity at hallam students union but it's a really poorly attended venue. You only need to look at sheffield student's union to see that there IS a demand for quality student nights out and events and they are always packed. The nights are well established, well promoted and well-run! I don't quite know what's going on at Hallam. The first I heard of the Jam thing was on here during the day. Did they not put posters or flyers up? I haven't seen any...

They couldn't hold it on Dev Green cos they couldn't get sufficient sponsoring. It's hardly surprising really if sponsors suspect it isn't promoted/attended well.

Archived