The Jam 2006 megathread

The Jam '06

Maybe you should listen to the negativity and see some reason in it? I've been to much better events where bands/dj's were paid nothing! My negativity was based on your poor lineup at first, now I can say it's based on your poor event. And as for the cheese it sounded cheese when I was there what more can I say?

And fox20thc, you asked me yesterday, I asked the licensee, and she said no. There is nothing I or anyone else could do. The DJ area was not really a place for young children, lots of drunk people around and very loud music.

Mmm. Yes I did ask you yesterday. Unfortunately at previous jams kids were welcome, I thought it would be the same. As for very loud music etc. DS was gutted as he lives for very loud music :rolleyes:

The main issue for me was not the line-up, it was the poor publicity that ruined the day.

Credit to you all for bothering to put it on, but no matter how good some of the dj sets or bands were, there was barely anyone around to see it.

The guy on before Ann Savage was great, but he was playing to an empty bar. There were about 4 of us dancing in an almost empty space. Even when Ann Savage came on, the bar wasn't even close to half full. There were about 20 of us dancing like maniacs and about the same number milling around.

Sorry to moan, but the event could have been really good and it's a real shame there wasn't more done to get the public in.

Mmm. Yes I did ask you yesterday. Unfortunately at previous jams kids were welcome, I thought it would be the same. As for very loud music etc. DS was gutted as he lives for very loud music :rolleyes:

Like I said, I am very sorry, I was not sure, hence why I asked the licensee, who happened to be stood behind me!

The main issue for me was not the line-up, it was the poor publicity that ruined the day.

Credit to you all for bothering to put it on, but no matter how good some of the dj sets or bands were, there was barely anyone around to see it.

The guy on before Ann Savage was great, but he was playing to an empty bar. There were about 4 of us dancing in an almost empty space. Even when Ann Savage came on, the bar wasn't even close to half full. There were about 20 of us dancing like maniacs and about the same number milling around.

Sorry to moan, but the event could have been really good and it's a real shame there wasn't more done to get the public in.

Agent ****, I do agree with you. I expected it to get jam packed in the bar towards 7pm, at one point during the day, the bar was maxed. However, it still looked half empty, this is because there is normaly alot more furniture in there, so while we took it out, the limit was still the same (apparently, one of the tech crew told me yesterday).

To those of you that came along and had positive things to say :D thankyou sooo much! Its been nearly a year of hard work but it seems worth it if those that came enjoyed it!!!!!!!

It would have been great if more people had come along but i was pleased to see you all braving the rain and enjoying the sunshine, sometimes at the same time!!

I agree that extra publicity would have attracted more people. it's dissapointing that some of you didnt see any of the flyers or posters that the volunteers spent ages putting about (in between finishing their dissertations!!) but i promise you we tried really hard to get the word about - amongst other things we contacted local mags and radio station who unfortunately either didn't include us or only gave us a tiny mention..

As for it happening again next year, that depends on whether or not a student agrees to take it on - no one has yet tho! - and to be honest ive found all your comments really upsetting after all the hard work, so please give whoever does the job a chance........

xxx

Archived