The Jam 2006 megathread

The Jam '06

Oh def stef you come on here with your long words and your self importance...... Were you turned down for one of the dj slots?

Yes (sob). You've found me out.

I am being unnecassarily negative about a volunteer-run event so you shouldn't really pay any heed (which you won't).

[edit:] I've just been looking at the line-up, kidphunk, and now realise that you're not a 'just breaks' DJ. Proof positive that I am an ignoramus.

[disko re-edit:] It's nothing even particularly 'funky' 'house' that annoys me, it's the whole concept of genre DJing: "I play visual house" "I play deep Bolivian jazzstep" "I play dark electro-hop" "I play Brahms at the wrong speed" "I play recorder" "I play ambient biscuits" blah blah blah

[Yam Who? re-edit:] I go everywhere with my long words and self-importance.

[disko re-edit:] It's nothing even particularly 'funky' 'house' that annoys me, it's the whole concept of genre DJing: "I play visual house" "I play deep Bolivian jazzstep" "I play dark electro-hop" "I play Brahms at the wrong speed" "I play recorder" "I play ambient biscuits" blah blah blah

If you could have done better, you should have applied then!

for those who didnt go, when you looked at the line-up it stated that most of the dj's were Funky House, where this might not have been the case, it would be enough to turn some people away.

But it simply didn't!

Captain Beatspanker - Electro, Indie Disco

Kassien - Electro House

Neal Marsh - Old Skool, Nu Skool, Hip Hop and Breaks

John Dixon - Funky house

Adam S & Rossy - Funky house

Andy Brown - Funky/Commercial

Chris Paul - Up-lifting Trance

Anne Savage - Hard House

I don't see that as being most of the DJ's to be honest.

But it simply didn't!

Captain Beatspanker - Electro, Indie Disco

Kassien - Electro House

Neal Marsh - Old Skool, Nu Skool, Hip Hop and Breaks

John Dixon - Funky house

Anne Savage - Hard House

I don't see that as being most of the DJ's to be honest.

I sadly missed Kassien.

John Dixon - Funky house

Anne Savage - Hard House

I think this is the selection of DJs people are particularly referring to - it is a bit relentless. And as for "Up-lifting Trance".. isn't that a bit of a contradiction in terms? :hihi: Sorry..

Archived