The Rich get richer, much richer1

Tory darling Martin Sorrell's 'pay packet for last year [rose] to around £68.5million' (Daily Mail).

Sir Martin Sorrell, chief executive of advertising group WPP, will take home up to £70million in salary and bonuses for last year… The colossal sum is certain to reignite public anger over boardroom pay. The payout represents a 63 per cent increase on the £43million he was awarded last year and means Sorrell [enjoyed] in excess of a staggering £190,000 a day in 2015' (Mail on Sunday).

However, in the context of a number of CEOs acknowledging misgivings over the size of their remuneration packages in the face of shareholder revolts, the 'boss of giant advertising firm WPP says he is not ashamed by the success of the company which has seen him pocket around £70million' (Daily Mail).

Meanwhile:

More than a quarter of care homes in the UK are in danger of going out of business within three years, figures obtained by BBC Radio Four suggest.

Indeed! WPP have a very complex relationship with UK Revenue and Customs.

Perhaps they do but they employ 190000 people. Would it have been better if the company had never been founded?

It seems a ludicrous amount for anyone to pay themselves, but if he gave it all back how much would we get each?

Perhaps they do but they employ 190000 people. Would it have been better if the company had never been founded?

It seems a ludicrous amount for anyone to pay themselves, but if he gave it all back how much would we get each?

Why would we get anything? It's in the private sector.

Good on him for earning that much and employing people. Presumeably he pays more in tax every day than most people who complain do in a lifetime. Well done to him for supporting the economy and paying MUCH more than his "fair share" in taxes supporting those less fortunate along with the idle and feckless.

---------- Post added 07-05-2016 at 21:09 ----------

Oh sorry. I forgot. There's a fixed amount of money in the economy and he is just taking it away from the rest of us :hihi::hihi: :loopy::loopy:

Good on him for earning that much and employing people. Presumeably he pays more in tax every day than most people who complain do in a lifetime.

He has three sons, but his marriage broke down in 2003, as a result of Sir Martin's "obsession with work".

I hope his money makes him happy. How much tax does he pay, I dont know, do you, is he based in this country, for tax purposes?

He has three sons, but his marriage broke down in 2003, as a result of Sir Martin's "obsession with work".

I hope his money makes him happy. How much tax does he pay, I dont know, do you, is he based in this country, for tax purposes?

If he has any sense (and he probably does) he will try to pay tax in a country with a less punitive tax rate than this country.