The Rich get richer, much richer1

Another example that highlights the importance of context

Does anyone else feel that anything we ask or comment we put forward just gets ignored? :loopy:

This isn't a discussion thread, it's a soap box for the OP.

On C4 news just now Britain was named as the 15th most secretive country in the world regarding tax affairs, and when the overseas territories are included the most secretive country in the world.

Corruption central.

What were the other 14 in the list?

My guess would be either rich countries, or small countries with a lot of wealth.

I can't imagine somewhere like Pakistan being in that list, where virtually no one pays any tax.

What is funny about the UK and its overseas possessions being the biggest tax dodging network in the world?

Tax havens make us all poorer:

http://www.oxfam.org.uk/media-centre/press-releases/2013/05/tax-haven-cash-enough-to-end-extreme-poverty

Nothing really funny.

But this line in Oxfam's page in the first paragraph, has lost my support for them, so thanks for that:

A high proportion of this tax dodging is taking place on David Cameron and George Osborne's watch.

Waaaaaaay off topic.

Why? Did you read the link?

The tax that is avoided by the rich and corporations would go a long way to offsetting the impact of austerity. Offshore tax shenanigans are a major way of avoiding tax.

It's entirely relevant.

Tax havens make us ALL poorer

---------- Post added 11-05-2016 at 23:07 ----------

Nothing really funny.

But this line in Oxfam's page in the first paragraph, has lost my support for them, so thanks for that:

Your choice.

It's true though. It is going on on their watch. Just like it happened on Brown's watch and on Blair's watch etc.....

Why? Did you read the link?

The tax that is avoided by the rich and corporations would go a long way to offsetting the impact of austerity. Offshore tax shenanigans are a major way of avoiding tax.

It's entirely relevant.

Tax havens make us ALL poorer

So to go back to the OP, if (that's a big if) Martin Sorrell was avoiding tax on his millions and was forced to pay it, how would it help the workers and clients of the oft quoted 5000 private care homes at risk of closure in the UK?