The Rich get richer, much richer1

There has already been a big reduction in the standard of living of the poorest, or haven't you been paying attention? The bedroom tax, the squeeze on the disabled, the reduction in services that poorer people tend to rely on, and the lack of decent care for the elderly to name but a few

The austerity cuts have been proved to have had the greatest affect on the already poor.

Meanwhile the rich have got richer to the tune of billions, and it sure isn't from working harder. Ask yourself; how have they manage to do this?

I'm always confused by what people think is going on. There are people seemingly thinking there are those out to asset strip the world, deliberatly fleece people of everything and maliciously force them into penury, to take everything and leave by and large the masses at the bottom destitute, that there are bankers and secret cabals and...

Just what are these elite people actually supposed to *do* with all this stuff they have? I mean, do you really think they sit on top of a huge pile of cash and stolen assets and gold bars cackling and rubbing it all over themselves in some sort of weird manner and...

I mean, please. Get a grip.

The rich get richer because they are good at what they do Anna. Just because you cannot understand or appreciate what they do doesn't automatically make it wrong, or dodgy or illegal.

Not by working harder alone, but by acquiring more valuable skills.

The system has made them richer, not their work or skills.

Mervin King, the ex-Governor of the Bank of England has said that QU made people with equity richer.

Just look at house prices, the stock market; all on the increase decade after decade.

Professor Dorling does not agree.

In his Beveridge Memorial Lecture to The Royal Statistical Society, Sheffield University's Danny Dorling says the richest one per cent of people in the UK take home fifteen per cent of all income, compared to 6% in 1979. Perhaps you attended the event?

http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2012/jun/27/century-income-inequality-statistics-uk

Perhaps you could stop cherry picking irrelevant numbers and look at the gini coefficient?

Mervin King, the ex-Governor of the Bank of England has said that QU made people with equity richer.

Just look at house prices, the stock market; all on the increase decade after decade.

Do you have a pension?

The stock market and general asset prices affect everybody.

QE is not something I favour, but the real disaster was Browns bank "rescue".

If you want to know why some people are struggling now, talk to the unions and their political servants (or the labour party as their also known).

Rich people getting richer is not the opposite of poor people getting richer. When things are organised properly, they run in tandem.

I'm always confused by what people think is going on. There are people seemingly thinking there are those out to asset strip the world, deliberatly fleece people of everything and maliciously force them into penury, to take everything and leave by and large the masses at the bottom destitute, that there are bankers and secret cabals and...

Just what are these elite people actually supposed to *do* with all this stuff they have? I mean, do you really think they sit on top of a huge pile of cash and stolen assets and gold bars cackling and rubbing it all over themselves in some sort of weird manner and...

The rich get richer because they are good at what they do Anna. Just because you cannot understand or appreciate what they do doesn't automatically make it wrong, or dodgy or illegal.

Erm.....but that is whats happening.

The Tories are asset stripping our country as we speak

I bought my first house in the 70's which wasn't a difficult task for anyone to achieve who had a job and saved a little. There is a statistic floating about that house prices have increased over 40 times since the early 70's when factors such as inflation etc are taken into account. If groceries had increased by the same rate as houses applying the same criteria, then a four pint carton of milk would cost over £10 today.

If I was starting out today, I am not so sure I would get on the property ladder even if I worked much harder than I did in the 70's. The rich will always get richer, but it is certainly much harder for a poor person to buy a house today and become richer as a consequence of just being a property owner.

So why do 62 people own as much as half the world's population? Because they do, don't they? Those 62 people must be amaaaaaazing at what they do if it's all about ability, super-human in fact. The stuff about cabals and gold bars is silly of course, but your question about what they are supposed to *do* with all that wealth is one that a lot of us ask ourselves. It's as if it's pointless them having it all, and that it would be better if it were more evenly distributed.

So why do 62 people own as much as half the world's population? Because they do, don't they? Those 62 people must be amaaaaaazing at what they do if it's all about ability, super-human in fact. The stuff about cabals and gold bars is silly of course, but your question about what they are supposed to *do* with all that wealth is one that a lot of us ask ourselves. It's as if it's pointless them having it all, and that it would be better if it were more evenly distributed.

95% of the world has less money than you (since you appear to live in the UK have a place to live and a computer and internet I think that's be true).

What are you going to do when they demand that your wealth is given to them then? Just hand it over or point out you perhaps did work for it....

---------- Post added 17-05-2016 at 21:23 ----------

Erm.....but that is whats happening.

The Tories are asset stripping our country as we speak

Really? Where?

I mean wheres it going?

Wheres the big pile of assets that are no longer being used?

95% of the world has less money than you (since you appear to live in the UK have a place to live and a computer and internet I think that's be true).

What are you going to do when they demand that your wealth is given to them then? Just hand it over or point out you perhaps did work for it....

Were you deliberately trying to equate me having more than 95% of the world's population (true, as far as I know) with me having 95% of the world's wealth? Or just deflect from the discussion about the super-rich.

That 95% could have my 'wealth' - it won't go very far. Warren Buffet's $47bn will stretch a lot further - what do you think Warren *does* with it all?