Princess Diane grave to have millions spent on refurbishment

And whilst we are back on subject, What a disgusting display of wealth in a time when the common man is struggling with austerity measures and job losses.

How detached from reality do you need to be to spend that amount of money of a grave and a garden?

The common man is not struggling with austerity, it is the dregs of society that are struggling.

You don't have to be detached from reality, you just need to have the money to do it. Hundreds of millions of people would consider you detached from reality for spending money on an internet connection or a meal out.

Mod message:

Could we all take a deep breath and refrain from 'bickering' on the thread please!

Differences of opinion are fine, but this has turned into an unseemly bickering fest.

Many thanks

Pete

Mod message:

Could we all take a deep breath and refrain from 'bickering' on the thread please!

Differences of opinion are fine, but this has turned into an unseemly bickering fest.

Many thanks

Pete

Its just a bit of banter mate, not bickering. Theres no ill feeling on my part and I dont think the others posters meant any malice. :)

People go on about her like she was a queen when in fact she was merely a posh tart.

Well to be fair, that Posh tart did a heck of a lot to help banning Anti-Personnel landmines and the removal of the stigma suffered by people with AIDS, especially in the 3rd world.

As long as it is not the taxpayer that has to pay for it I don't care what they do.

Edited

Just seen the article in the Mirror and it isn't a couple of million it is £20m.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/princess-dianas-final-resting-place-7924586

It's the whole gardens which are being renovated which has not happened for over 350 years. It's not a surprise that in 2016 gardens designed by Andre Le Notre, King Louis XIV of France’s principal gardener would be costly to renovate to a similar standard.

The thread title is a little misleading.

How about using a bit of money from the Princess Diana memorial fund. A lot people have made money organising the fund. You had kids giving their pocket even, and as far as I now it has still not all been spent. I reckon however much is spent on her grave I would think she would be turning over in it if she knew how long that money had been held on to.