Muslim Adverts on UK buses

I remember the subject has been brought up in court cases. It looks like you are cherry picking undated quotes in a poor attempt to add weight to your inaccurate statement.

The education secretary stated "Schools must teach pupils that Britain is a Christian country"

I think the words of the current education secretary are more accurate than a guy who rides a bike in Sheffield. :hihi:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/12070607/Schools-must-teach-children-that-Britain-is-a-Christian-country.html

This is an interesting story.

Judge bans a British father from taking his son to church... because his mother is a Muslim.

The father – a non-practising Muslim who has forged close connections to his local Christian community and is divorced from the boy's mother – has been warned that he could be denied access to the nine-year-old if he attempts to take him to church or to a leisure centre it runs.

The father, who cannot be named for legal reasons, said his ex-wife insisted their son, whom she is bringing up in the Muslim faith, could 'become confused' if he is subjected to other religions.

'My son is being indoctrinated and the only way I can show him other things is to take him to other places,' said the father.

'If I don't show him other types of life he will become just like a dumb sheep. I want him to see and learn about different cultures.

'This is nothing short of brain-washing him. Already he is telling me that I have a black heart, that I am a bad man, because I am not a practising Muslim. I am heartbroken that I have to keep him away from activities with local children.

'He is being fed the same lies I was as a child and I want better for him. This judge was so busy being politically correct that she has ignored the influence of myself as a loving father. I am terrified that he will stop wanting to see me because of his indoctrination.'

So our courts are now standing in the way of integration and supporting indoctrination.

Edited by sutty27

Clearly we are de jure a christian country since we have an established church.

As an atheist I'm rather glad to be living in a de facto secular country.

I dare say non-anglican christians, not to mention those from other faiths are rather glad of this as well.

I remember the subject has been brought up in court cases. It looks like you are cherry picking undated quotes in a poor attempt to add weight to your inaccurate statement.

The education secretary stated "Schools must teach pupils that Britain is a Christian country"

I think the words of the current education secretary are more accurate than a guy who rides a bike in Sheffield. :hihi:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/12070607/Schools-must-teach-children-that-Britain-is-a-Christian-country.html

You remember it so well that you got it entirely backwards, and you think that a little ad hom thrown in regarding my bike riding will somehow make your point seem stronger?

The quotes were in reference to the claim that you made, where you got it entirely backwards. :roll:

You not arguing that we should change our society to be more like Saudi Arabia?

Not just Saudi Arabia. Dubai, one of the most welcoming Arabic nations which allows Christian churches, will arrest anyone trying to promote any other religion other than Islam.

Lets face it, Islam does not like competition, no matter which Islamic country we are talking about.

Not just Saudi Arabia. Dubai, one of the most welcoming Arabic nations which allows Christian churches, will arrest anyone trying to promote any other religion other than Islam.

Lets face it, Islam does not like competition, no matter which Islamic country we are talking about.

I think we're all well aware of the problems with Islamic governance by now.

This is not a race to the bottom. We (secularists) can and should do better. That's how we win.

Edited by unbeliever