The mint lounge, London Road

Noticed this new venue is opening on the site of the old Terra Firma tile corner shop, near Barrys bar. Does anyone know anything about it ?

Looks very smart on the outside. While I initially thought that it had the look of a nightclub or a cocktail bar, someone in a nearby pub said that it was going to be run something along the lines of the nearby Dubai Cafe , so no alcohol , anyone shed any light - can there really be the demand for two such venues virtually side by side ? Granted the area is very cosmopolitan and they may just be responding to market forces , and everyone likes a choice of venues :-)

Edited by Roger123W

• 3 weeks later...

There's another in the same area on John Street, near the junction with Bramall Lane. There must be enough custom to support them.

I tried shisha in Kashmir, Libya and Tunisia, but I couldn't see the appeal. Maybe it's because I was still smoking cigarettes back then and the smoke from a shisha is very filtered and mild? I could hardly taste it.

How do the UK shisha cafes get around the smoking ban? Do they have open air shelters like pubs?

There's another in the same area on John Street, near the junction with Bramall Lane. There must be enough custom to support them.

I tried shisha in Kashmir, Libya and Tunisia, but I couldn't see the appeal. Maybe it's because I was still smoking cigarettes back then and the smoke from a shisha is very filtered and mild? I could hardly taste it.

How do the UK shisha cafes get around the smoking ban? Do they have open air shelters like pubs?

My mate has a Shisha bar down Attercliffe in the old station pub, traditional Shisha with coals is smoked outside in the beer garden and inside he has got E-Shisha that is a vapourising type Shisha head like this= http://www.nonsmokers.dk/en/e-hookahs-114/square-e-head-electronic-hookah-kit-p891...

My mate has a Shisha bar down Attercliffe in the old station pub, traditional Shisha with coals is smoked outside in the beer garden and inside he has got E-Shisha that is a vapourising type Shisha head like this= http://www.nonsmokers.dk/en/e-hookahs-114/square-e-head-electronic-hookah-kit-p891...

What's the point of an e-cig shisha? I's not water-filtered, so it's an e-cig dressed up to look like a shisha.

What's the point of an e-cig shisha? I's not water-filtered, so it's an e-cig dressed up to look like a shisha.

It is water filtered, only difference is that the tobacco smoke is replaced by e juice vapour. The e Shisha head is put on the hookah in place of the Shisha head.

---------- Post added 01-06-2016 at 01:01 ----------

All smoking and e-smoking should be band altogether it's bad for the enviroment and people and animal's :)

Why not go the whole hog and ban cars, lorrys, waste incinerator plants, bonfires etc etc as they are also bad for the environment and people and animals. :)

It is water filtered, only difference is that the tobacco smoke is replaced by e juice vapour. The e Shisha head is put on the hookah in place of the Shisha head.

e Shisha is terrible and a waste of money. Either Shisha with the coals or none!

well back to the topic of the venue ... I walked past it this morning and the windows have signs saying Mint Lounge is now open for business . Mind you me or my dog couldn't figure out one iota what its like on the inside since all the windows are smoked and thus blacked out - is this usual - whats that about ?

:suspect: