Toledo Steel

Hi there

Im not sure if my private messages are working as when i sent a message back it doesnt seem to be sending,, But ive just read this thread & im wondering if you owned the shop that my grandparents owned,, as they owned a beer off on Neepsend in the 40's & 50's I will have to find out if its the same address,, cause you remember my mum from Morely street school i think :)

My family had a beer off and grocery on Neepsend lane on the corner of Farfield rd. This was opposite Andrews Toledo works. They did a great business selling sandwiches, and filling the tea canisters for the workers there. The shop was torn down around 1971.

My Dad Bruce Bull and Granddad Edward (Ted) Bull both worked for Andrews Toledo. My Granddad must have retired sometime in the 1950's. My dad who was with them from sometime before WW2 (late 30's) and subsequently Balfour Darwins who took them over at both Neepsend & Wardsend (almost opposite Sheffield Wednesdays ground) then later at Sheffield Rolling Mills in various management roles. He later moved on to Glynwed Steel in Rotherham and retired mid 1980's.