Air pressure in tyres

Couldn't possibly be, because;

2 bar is 29 psi

3 bar is 45 psi

4 bar 58 psi

That range is far too large for a single tyre.

35 psi would be a very low profile wide car tyre, whereas 29 psi would be more like a tyre on a van.

58 psi would be more like a tyre pressure for a racing bicycle which you would never pump at a garage as it would pop the tyre.

I've seen it done, on one of the digital tyre pressure meters.

I wondered why they'd been pumping their tyres up since before I arrived and filled up with fuel, I pulled in behind to use the machine and it was reading 3.9 which seemed odd. They drove off shortly after I pulled up.

After they left I saw they'd set the machine to 32 BAR.

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Sorry but i did not say the wheels that want blowing up are balloon wheels for a wheelchair so we can go on the sands on holiday 12 inch diameter X 9 inch wide

I have purchased them from China but on the tyre it only says tyre pressure

2-4 psi thanks

Edited by lien1

Couldn't possibly be, because;

2 bar is 29 psi

3 bar is 45 psi

4 bar 58 psi

That range is far too large for a single tyre.

35 psi would be a very low profile wide car tyre, whereas 29 psi would be more like a tyre on a van.

58 psi would be more like a tyre pressure for a racing bicycle which you would never pump at a garage as it would pop the tyre.

58 psi is low for a road bike, mine day up to 120 psi but I can never get them that high with the track pump :)

Sorry but i did not say the wheels that want blowing up are balloon wheels for a wheelchair so we can go on the sands on holiday 12 inch diameter X 9 inch wide

I have purchased them from China but on the tyre it only says tyre pressure

2-4 psi thanks

2-4 seems low for a wheelchair. What do you mean by balloon tyres?

Ok

2 to 4 psi is a very, very low pressure and you cannot do that on a car type compressor in a filling station because it would pump too fast and overshoot. You should not attempt to use any kind of electric pump for the same reason.

To get that kind of pressure you would be needing a foot pump like you might pump up a football, an airbed or a child's inflatable swimming arm bands. Depending on the valves at that pressure maybe even blowing the tyres up by mouth.

Having said all that. This kind of tyre would make sense for using on a beach on sand.

Hope that has been of use.

so what are they tyres for, it doesn't sound like a car???

sorry but i did not say the wheels that want blowing up are balloon wheels for a wheelchair so we can go on the sands on holiday 12 inch diameter x 9 inch wide

i have purchased them from china but on the tyre it only says tyre pressure

2-4 psi thanks

hth :) .......................