Racism in 2016 Britain

Aye i understand this, but a white chap successfully sued them.

Are we talking about the OP or your story? If its your story then they were idiots, didnt understand the law and like all law breakers they deserved to be sued. It seems Glos police were at 1.6% and just panicked without understanding what they could legally do. Thats just incompetence.

Edited by 999tigger

No it isn't. Positive discrimination is illegal in the UK.

If this is true then I am baffled, because I'm sure the government wanted more women MPs when of course it should be the best person for the job who gets in whether male or female.

on a similar note - just noticed the following in the results into the enquiry looking into the BBC and how it should improve :hihi:

He also said the BBC will be "required to give greater focus to under-served audiences, in particular those from black, Asian and ethnic minority backgrounds, and those in the nations and regions".

"We want the BBC to be the leading broadcaster in promoting diversity," he said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36259237