Pub meals in sheffield

And then get served a plate of microwaved, dried out crap

Meadow Farm is terrible!!!! Full of swarking kids, and yes lots of queuing, none of the food advertised and then when you do choose something, it comes to you dried out and unappealing, so much so that you send it back and vow never to go again!

By the way this was not my choice ... Family meal for in laws picked by the people who have kids.

Our choices would be Wadsley Jack, Broadfield and Walkley Cottage

Would of said Admiral Rodney at one time but their food and service really has gone down hill :(

Meadow Farm is terrible!!!! Full of swarking kids, and yes lots of queuing, none of the food advertised and then when you do choose something, it comes to you dried out and unappealing, so much so that you send it back and vow never to go again!

By the way this was not my choice ... Family meal for in laws picked by the people who have kids.

Our choices would be Wadsley Jack, Broadfield and Walkley Cottage

Would of said Admiral Rodney at one time but their food and service really has gone down hill :(

I'm always amazed how busy the one near Swallownest is (Elmwood Farm??) every time I drive past the car park is packed, just goes to show a portion of the British public will eat any fodder that they can pile on a plate if its cheap enough.

I'm always amazed how busy the one near Swallownest is (Elmwood Farm??) every time I drive past the car park is packed, just goes to show a portion of the British public will eat any fodder that they can pile on a plate if its cheap enough.

So you have dined there and know the quality?

:(

Terrible place, full off unruly kids that leave droppings of food everywhere .

You can get better food at most country pubs like the top Red Lion Grenoside and the Peacock at Stannington.

So you have dined there and know the quality?

Not that one in particular but I worked in the pub refurb trade for many years, the owners of this chain were one of our clients, mass produced bought in food that's warmed up on the premises, I have eaten in the one near Dinnington, never again, as I'd rather go somewhere where a chef has pride in what they serve, if it costs a little more then so be it.

How do you objectively define the best place for pub meals?

Is it a music free environment?

Does it have decent food?

Does it ban children from running around unattended?

Is the food reasonably priced?

Is it accessible by public transport in one journey or, ideally, within walking distance?

For me, if the answer to all of these is yes then it would certainly be in the running for best place for pub meals.

• 3 weeks later...
Yet you still go? You seem to have formed your opinion after a number of visits judging by your use of the word "often". It would appear to be a popular place.

It is not my choice, but I have shared meals with family there on several occasions.