Manor..Is It Really That Bad?

Arbourthorne has been transformed over the last few years. Replaced all those horrible estates and tower blocks with nice yuppie homes and town houses.

I picked up 2 girls (18ish perhaps), they asked to go to McDonalds on their way home, so I stopped, they didn't want my waiting meter running while we were queueing, they didn't heed my no eating sign, and I dropped them off in those posh new flats where the St Aidens tower blocks were. I think they mildly argued the fare in some language I could barely recognise, and when they got out, I turned around to check back seats as I always do because people are always losing phones. They'd left salt, half eaten food and an empty bottle of some fruit juice on the back seat. They wandered off into beautiful new homes.

I preferred the tower block customers :hihi:

When looking to buy a new house recently i noticed that there are some great new builds in the Manor.

Some new builds look quite nice so has it improved?

It covers a huge area so is Lower Manor different from Upper Manor etc?

Improved to the point that it's only slightly more desirable a place to live in than Gleadless Valley but not as nice as Parson Cross?

I lived on the Manor for five years, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I know people are always quick to claim their estates are full of salt of the earth people and have a lovely community spirit, but the Manor is still an area with a high unemployment and crime rate.

If you fancy a new build with people getting robbed (or killed) on Manor Fields behind your house and enjoy unconsciously checking if your car is on the drive every time you walk past a window at home, then give it some consideration. Otherwise, I'd be thinking elsewhere. Those new builds are cheap to buy now for a reason, and it's not because the houses themselves are bad.

Arbourthorne has been transformed over the last few years. Replaced all those horrible estates and tower blocks with nice yuppie homes and town houses.

Yuppies in Arborthourne? Not b-oody likely. I presume you mean they are people with jobs, which isn't exactly the same thing...

When I chat to customers who go up there, most say it's still a crime ridden <Removed> no matter how many new fancy things they put up.

Sadly yes.

There are some nice houses there but always at a lower price than similar houses in nicer areas. For a reason.

I wouldn't pay money to live there. It's still the Manor I'm afraid.

It's better than it used to be. I used to visit my nan on Manor top in the late 80's early 90's and wow, stolen cars flying past every hour or so followed by the police, you couldn't play kerbie for fear of being mowed down by a nicked XR2 or Nova SRi. The "pop" man that sold stolen alcopops to kids and the police helicopter (later on in life) hovering almost constantly. To be fair I haven't been up there much but when driving past it always seems quieter than it did back then.