Owls v Brighton - Play Off SF 1st Leg

top4718

Lol, that tickled me. :hihi::hihi::hihi:

---------- Post added 14-05-2016 at 09:50 ----------

Got a feeling we might have to score a goal down there but we're well capable of it.

Is today May 14th, the 50th anniversary of the Owls' v Everton at the old 'Empire Stadium' where for. at least 70 minutes things were going o.k. ?

Edited by stpetre
Add

You are definitely right.

The early 90's squad was much better, that's taking nothing away from the current crop as they are doing so well, but had that 90's side played Brighton tonight the tie would have been over by at least 4/5 goals

A bit of rose-tinting there I think. I agree they were better simply because they were doing it at a higher level of football but they weren't perfect. I still remember moaning on the Kop about certain players, who I'd remember fondly in the years of dross to come, because they failed to cross a ball or something. Even the early 90s team had games where they failed to capitalise on an opponent down to 10 men.

A bit of rose-tinting there I think. I agree they were better simply because they were doing it at a higher level of football but they weren't perfect. I still remember moaning on the Kop about certain players, who I'd remember fondly in the years of dross to come, because they failed to cross a ball or something. Even the early 90s team had games where they failed to capitalise on an opponent down to 10 men.

Your right mate a very good side but not without fault, if the current one make the top flight that 90's could be surpassed.

Que Bueno that's very good dobby my good pal.

What a brilliant night it turned out for the Wednesdayites , with the team having too much

class for Brighton and the fans giving tremendous support that will live in the memory

for a very long time. What a sight to behold when the fans lit up Hillsborough Stadium with

their mobiles, a truly magnificent tribute to a most memorable night absolutely brilliant to

be a part of it.

Great to be taking a 2 goal lead to the Amex Stadium on Monday , could quite easily have

been a couple more, but never mind Wednesday are more than capable of getting a goal

down there, making it difficult for Brighton to score 3 or more.

Carlos had a dream " and its coming true " .

WEARH SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY WEARH ON OUR WAY BACK

WEARH SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY WEARH ON OUR WAY BACK.:)

Gracias amigo,you're right Southey could have been more,its not over yet though,think Bristol away,Carlos will drum it into them.

We do seem to have agreat bond in the team though,would any of you make any changes from Friday?

Gracias amigo,you're right Southey could have been more,its not over yet though,think Bristol away,Carlos will drum it into them.

We do seem to have agreat bond in the team though,would any of you make any changes from Friday?

muchas gracias mi amigo

The only change I would make if I was Carlos would be to go 5 in midfield to take control

of that area .Put Hooper on the bench ( not that he's done anything wrong ) with Nuhiu

the lone striker with him being able to hold the ball up purely for tactical reasons and put

Forestrieri out wide left.Forestrieri is a far more dangerous player to the opposition in this

position excelling with his creativity and coming in with shots on goal .

What I don't want Carlos to do is to give Joao the starting shirt ,not that I have anything

against Joao but he's far too raw at Championship level (Carlos does favour him at times )

we have to go with Nuhiu.