Poll: Increased border control or job security?

Which do you prefer:  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer:

• Increased border control
    • Job security

Ooops.

Secure you say? Do you want your P45 emailed or posted? :D

It was my way of saying I would choose both. :)

---------- Post added 12-05-2016 at 18:22 ----------

being a member of the single market (job security)

Millions of UK citizens have zero job security despite being in the single market. Being in the EU actually decreases job security.

It was my way of saying I would choose both. :)

---------- Post added 12-05-2016 at 18:22 ----------

Millions of UK citizens have zero job security despite being in the single market. Being in the EU actually decreases job security.

Oh does it? care to explain that hypothesis in the context of an almost record employment rate?

BTW: choosing both really isn't an option, the UK without free movement of people is not in the single market, there is no debate on that despite your optimism.

Very simple poll: If you had to choose for border controls or job security, what would you choose?

Elaboration - There is a notion with some that leaving the EU is going to improve UK border control AND that the UK will negotiate access to the single market none-the-less post Brexit. That is a contradiction in terms, being a member of the single market (job security) opposes the removal of freedom of movement of people (improved UK border control).

So the poll simplifies this discussion and simply asks - do you want improved control of borders OR job security.

There's no real correlation between the two.

I've worked all over the world, some places you need a work permit. So what?

There's no real correlation between the two.

I've worked all over the world, some places you need a work permit. So what?

It goes beyond work-permits. It is about access to a single market 5 times the size of the UK market.

Oh does it? care to explain that hypothesis in the context of an almost record employment rate?

BTW: choosing both really isn't an option, the UK without free movement of people is not in the single market, there is no debate on that despite your optimism.

Record numbers of people in zero hours part time contracts on NMW does not give them job security.

Record numbers of people in zero hours part time contracts on NMW does not give them job security.

Are there more people on zero hour contracts than there are people newly in a job? Also interesting how you flit from lefty argument to righty argument depending on what you want.

Are there more people on zero hour contracts than there are people newly in a job? Also interesting how you flit from lefty argument to righty argument depending on what you want.

I don't do left and right, and a significant number of the newly created jobs went to immigrants. So no immigration doesn't give young British people job security it just makes it harder for them to find work, housing, school places, NHS treatment.