Travel to Manchester airport

Why get there at 4:30am for a 7am flight? You need to be at the check-in desk 1 hour before, regardless of what they tell you you will get on the flight.

letts hope he/she isnt going with the company i use.

http://support.qatarairways.com/hc/en-us/articles/206466538-When-does-the-check-in-counter-close-

Edited by nikki-red
fixed quote tags

Train is ok unless you get back around 2am as I once did, the next train was about 5.00am. Not much fun sitting about waiting for 3 hours.

yes, that is true, although of course you can work out whether that will be the case or not in most situations.

If you arrive late you get a special priority pass that allows you to bypass all the security queues and go straight to the security check. You're through security in minutes.

Or the plane as already gone without you.

total no-brainer. Why anybody would possibly want to use a car to get to Manchester Airport from Sheffield is beyond me.

Depends whereabouts in Sheffield you live! We can pretty much drive to Manchester Airport in the same time it takes us to get from Stocksbridge to Sheffield Station using public transport!

Edited by nikki-red
fixed quote tags

total no-brainer. Why anybody would possibly want to use a car to get to Manchester Airport from Sheffield is beyond me.

Depends whereabouts in Sheffield you live! We can pretty much drive to Manchester Airport in the same time it takes us to get from Stocksbridge to Sheffield Station using public transport!

I was just about the post the exact same thing! It's a really easy drive for us from Stocksbridge (as it would be from many other NW areas of Sheffield too) and very difficult to get to the train station early morning or late at night, and a taxi would be mega money.

Last time we went on holiday it was WAY cheaper to drive and pay to park at the airport than to pay for two train tickets, and so much more convenient.

Edited by nikki-red
fixed quote tags

I like to drive the day before and overnight at the Raddison blue.

I even park my car in their car park.

This one is obviously the preferred option! We upgraded to business class for Hubby's 40th and got to abuse the free bar in the club lounge :hihi:

Fab eggs benedict for breakfast, coffee and a short stroll into departures...perfect

Why get there at 4:30am for a 7am flight? You need to be at the check-in desk 1 hour before, regardless of what they tell you you will get on the flight.

Exactly, "The check-in counter closes 1 hour prior to departure." So that's when you need to be there. I've never missed a flight except once when I just didn't wake up.

Edited by nikki-red
fixed quote tags

Last time we went on holiday it was WAY cheaper to drive and pay to park at the airport than to pay for two train tickets, and so much more convenient.

if you get your train tickets three months in advance - the earliest time it is possible to buy them - then the fare to Mcr Airport can be less than a tenner.

even reckoning in the cost of a cab from Stocksbridge to the Midland Station (around £12?) that is still going to be way cheaper than paying for petrol and parking fees at the airport terminal.

also it is a lot less trouble. You don't have to do any driving. Somebody else is doing the driving, not you. And when you take the train you are straight away right there smack bang in the middle of the whole piece of infrastructure when you arrive. You don't have to mess about with finding a parking space, parking tickets, and all that garbage. All you have to do is get off the train, get a trolley, and push it towards the check in desk.

Edited by nikki-red
fixed quote tags