'Peeky Blinders haircut' youwotmate?

But what has that got to do with this school sending a child home because of his hair cut?

That is what Academies are like, rules, rules and more rules. I haven't looked, is this school an Academy, or maybe a Grammar school?

That is what Academies are like, rules, rules and more rules. I haven't looked, is this school an Academy, or maybe a Grammar school?

Academies can enforce the rules without having to cow to or bend over backwards to ingratiate themselves with load or threatening parents.

It takes a teacher getting stabbed for some councils to act.

Nip bad behaviour in the bud imho.

Peaky Blinders is televised after the 9pm watershed, her child should have no idea who they are if she was a good parent.

I saw it in my peripheral vision last week, a few minutes of sex, shooting and then two guys wantonly kicking someone in the head whilst on the floor. That last bit shows a lot of what to encourage your children to do.

Yeah, because adverts and other promotional mediums don't exist.

I take it that you didn't know who Freddy Krueger was until you reached 18?

Peaky Blinders is televised after the 9pm watershed, her child should have no idea who they are if she was a good parent.

I saw it in my peripheral vision last week, a few minutes of sex, shooting and then two guys wantonly kicking someone in the head whilst on the floor. That last bit shows a lot of what to encourage your children to do.

Or it's a lesson on what not to do, why would anyone want to get into a fight after seeing someone killed in a fight on TV.

Yeah, because adverts and other promotional mediums don't exist.

I take it that you didn't know who Freddy Krueger was until you reached 18?

If you think that a 1 minute trailer for a programme a child shouldn't be watching is enough to incite copying the haircut then you're more naive than you'd have us believe.

Although the child could innocently be following his peers.

(I let my child watch whatever she chose within reason tbh - what i didn't do is then moan when her actions got in trouble,hair dye,piercings etc)

Edited by willman

If you think that a 1 minute trailer for a programme a child shouldn't be watching is enough to incite copying the haircut then you're more naive than you'd have us believe.

You claimed the kid wouldn't be aware of Peaky Blinders if his mother was a good parent. I'm pointing out that that's a load of cobblers.

(I let my child watch whatever she chose within reason tbh - what i didn't do is then moan when her actions got in trouble,hair dye,piercings etc)

Cool story.

Edited by RootsBooster

Good. Its teaching discipline. Its teaching that rules are there for a reason and should be followed.

Training for what the little dahlings will face in the real world of work.

Good. Its teaching discipline. Its teaching that rules are there for a reason and should be followed.

Training for what the little dahlings will face in the real world of work.

There doesn't appear to be a good reason in this case though, so all that it teaches the child is that education is only important if your appearance meets a set of petty standards.

There doesn't appear to be a good reason in this case though, so all that it teaches the child is that education is only important if your appearance meets a set of petty standards.

Or that sometimes you have to tailor your appearance to the situation. It happens as an adult too smithy. :)