The weathermen and women what a shower

Righto las week we perused the weather charts and TV forecasts from lands end to John O Groates ,Bloomin heck we cheered a full week of fine smashing weather to come ,a little dull now and then but (most important) not a drop of rain in sight .

So we loaded up and set of confident that Hudson ,Keeley and Fish can't b e wrong ,they know all that there is to know about depressions from the Atlantic and heat waves from the Azores.

Guess what for two days it <Removed> down and it was freezing to boot so we packed up the car and came back home early.

Are these experts paid by results ,what are there credentials , can any one with a bunion or weather cone get a job stood on the telli telling us blinkin lies .

I hate that Hudson.

Edited by nikki-red
Masked swearing

The uk is in a zone of unpredictable weather - always has been and which is why it is a known topic of general conversation. If you are wanting dependable weather, you need to go abroad, which is what everyone does.

I think forecasting is good if you look no more than 48 hrs ahead, other than that, it's a best-guess probability with no guarantees affair.

And, you shouldn't hate anyone.

The uk is in a zone of unpredictable weather - always has been and which is why it is a known topic of general conversation. If you are wanting dependable weather, you need to go abroad, which is what everyone does.

I think forecasting is good if you look no more than 48 hrs ahead, other than that, it's a best-guess probability with no guarantees affair.

Has it always been like that though? I was booking a couple of days away at the back end of August last year and up til the day before there was still a 40% chance of rain and lots of cloud forecast. On the actual day there wasn't a cloud in the sky and it was red hot.

If you really believe that the I hate Hudson comment was anything more than tongue in cheek then so be it:mad:

---------- Post added 13-05-2016 at 17:08 ----------

Move to Syria, or Egypt, or Iraq - they're usually quite good with weather forecasts there.

It'll stop you whingeing like a big baby.

I read the football section where tha has been voted the biggest babby ever.;)

Dunno about the accuracy of the forecast but what's got into the weathermen/girls?

On the Beeb they gurn, grimace and posture dramatically - it's only the weather, fgs.

If you put a cape, top hat and false 'tache on some of them they could pass for wicked Sir Jasper in a victorian melodrama!

Someone told me last week we'd be having a heatwave hotter than Iberia - which i also heard. What the weather person said was followed by "in London area".

Some people don't listen.

I've just had week at the Lakes - absolutely scorching as predicted and the only inclement weather that was forecast hit us during the night. You lot in Sheffield were under torrential rain,which is exactly as the weather map i saw was predicting.

Has it always been like that though? I was booking a couple of days away at the back end of August last year and up til the day before there was still a 40% chance of rain and lots of cloud forecast. On the actual day there wasn't a cloud in the sky and it was red hot.

So you got some of the other 60% of weather possibilities