Anyone been to Dubai lately?

We were there a couple of months ago and saw lots and lots of people smoking but now you've mentioned it I didn't notice any e-cigs. I'm not sure if it's just not caught on over there yet or if they don't allow them.

We've got an apartment over there and know a few people so I shall try and find out for you.

---------- Post added 15-05-2016 at 14:24 ----------

Apparently they are illegal in Dubai, and if found in your hand luggage/on your person at the airport they will be confiscated.

This is supposedly due to their efforts to control nicotine use over there, which I find really hard to believe because we noticed so many smokers there recently, and as non-smokers ourselves we found it quite uncomfortable when sat in the outside part of restaurants to have people chain smoking around us.

I guess it's up to you if you want to run the risk of taking them there, as I'm not sure if any other punishment would be given other than confiscating them if found.

Hope you have a lovely holiday, it's certainly one of our favourite places in the world.