Discussion over bullying

I was just wondering over people's views on the following incident:

You are a parent stood at school waiting for your child to finish an after school activity..

Whilst waiting you notice another boy (boy b) grab another boy (boy a ) by both arms and push him into the fence on two occasions...

The teacher / trainer has not seen this incident but ( boy a)is upset...

As a parent witnessing this what would you do?

You are a parent stood at school waiting for your child to finish an after school activity..

Whilst waiting you notice another boy (boy b) grab another boy (boy a ) by both arms and push him into the fence on two occasions...

Report it. As a parent i would be grateful you had said something if it was my kid getting bullied. As a parent whos kids have been bullied I can say for certain the right thing to do is report it.

The whole incident was witnessed.

The boy was not standing up to a bully at all.

A parent did get involved in the situation and was told by the head teacher that parents should not interrupt if bullying is taking place and instead speak to the teachers when you see them.

As a parent would you be grateful someone had helped your child?

Also as a parent would you step in?

Also has a parent would you want to know why others parents hadn't stopped this happening if it was your child?

The whole incident was witnessed.

The boy was not standing up to a bully at all.

A parent did get involved in the situation and was told by the head teacher that parents should not interrupt if bullying is taking place and instead speak to the teachers when you see them.

As a parent would you be grateful someone had helped your child?

Also as a parent would you step in?

Also has a parent would you want to know why others parents hadn't stopped this happening if it was your child?

I find this depressing. Surely it's the role of any responsible adult to intervene in a situation where children are hurting each other.

I find this depressing. Surely it's the role of any responsible adult to intervene in a situation where children are hurting each other.

Agreed.

I witnessed a horrible incident of a school kid being bullied on the tram a few years ago. What was being said to him was disgusting.

I think as long as you feel that you're not going to be in any personal danger, then as an adult, intervening is the right thing to do.

If I had children and they were being bullied then I'd want a responsible adult to step in.

What ages are they?