Martial Arts Competitions

Do you always have to be a member of a club to enter these competitions? Is there any way round it?

And yes Davemantis is right. Where is it? :hihi:

Ok its Friday the 15th of september 2006 in the evening.

The venue is yet to be confirmed.

Spyro, do you really want to take part in this event without training?

If you want to enter as a freelance fighter then by all means enter. Just bear in mind that the fights will be full contact and the fighters will all be in good condition.

Your risk totally.

spyro2000

You would have to have membership/ insurance with some sort of MA club to enter a competition

Why are you asking???

I am trained. Its just that I havent joined a club in Sheffield yet. I am hopefully going to take a look at AFK though, seems pretty good and I have heard a lot of good things.

Im personally not going to enter though, I was just wondering if it was possible.

I am trained. Its just that I havent joined a club in Sheffield yet. I am hopefully going to take a look at AFK though, seems pretty good and I have heard a lot of good things.

Im personally not going to enter though, I was just wondering if it was possible.

Yes it is possible, just that "ronin" fighters tend to be used as "cannon fodder" for more experienced fighters, sad but true.

Myself , I tend to look after fighters that travel on their own and even supply my own corner staff to look after them.

I manage a few lone fighters who will possibly be participating on the day too.

Next AFK promotions event:

Friday September the 15th.

Bouts will be contested under:

1. Light continuous (mainly junior bouts, we will possibly only be having 2 or 3 of these at the most).

2.Full Contact=

Also called american style kickboxing. Fighters will compete in satin bottoms and will wear padded kickboots. All kicks will be above the waist line.

3. Kickboxing (oriental rules).

Very similar to the K-1 system. Fighters compete in shorts and are allowed to kick to the thighs as well as use of the knee and to employ limited clinching

Novice bouts will be 3x1.5 mins, Experienced competitors will fight 3x2mins , under rare circumstances where 2 fighters are very good I may be willing to put on a 4x2mins bout.

There will be a buffet on at the show as well.

VIP tickets will include the finger buffet which will include chicken wings(or chicken legs) , spring rolls, onion bhajis etc.

If anyone has any other suggestions for buffet finger food please let me know NOW or forever hold your peace.

Everyone else will be provided with free nibbles (nuts/crisps,...etc) which will be up for grabs in the lounge bar.

There will also be a live DJ with every fighter entering the ring to their own music AND a fully licensed bar!

Everything is looking good so far,.... just got to make sure I match up everyone who wants a fight!

Still struggling with getting some of my own guys matched!!!

• 1 month later...

Well all seams to be bickering here....

I will agree with those who deam light continuose should be light and about skill and stamana...

Full contact should be FULL CONTACT..

There must be a clear difference between the two.. or legaly you are breaking advertising law by allowing a light continuose bouts to be full contact..

Other than that we have rules in martial arts and these must be respected..

If you want to brawl go to your lacal ruff pub or football ground.

And i do think that spectators would rather see skill at light continuose bout than a plain scrappy free for all.

I will be fighting on chefkickers fightnight along with a few of my fighters and i hope yo meet sum of you there.

Rik

RIK VEEVERS Will be fighting against the less experienced but very game and resilient PAUL CROPPER.

Both men weigh in at 64kg (i.e just over 10 stones)

Paul Cropper has had 2 fights including a previous win due to medical intervention over Mr Veevers himself and a loss by stoppage due to a body shot from Darren Marsden.

Rik Veevers has had a grand total of 108 competitive bouts and is the former

EUROPEAN TAEKWONDO CHAMPION!!!

Youth Vs experience

The long range kicker against the close range puncher

Stylish fighter Vs Slugger

Who will come out on top ?

The jury is out ,.... FRIDAY NIGHT September 15th 2006

The answer will be found on the night!

3 rounds of FULL CONTACT KICKBOXING!!!

• 5 weeks later...

Archived