Landlords help please. What are tenants rights?

I have to assume the buyer could want it as a home for themselves though....in which case what are my rights as a tenant. Do the new buyers have to see out my 10 month remaining tenancy or would they have to give me the statutory 8 week notice???

If you are in a fixed term it is as binding on the Landlord as it is on you. If the property is sold to a new Landlord they just step into the shoes of the current Landlord. Your tenure will not be affected unless by mutual agreement. Rest easy.

(Sigh) There is NO stamp duty on land/property, only on stocks/shares. The SD rate of 0.5% is unchanged.

Stamp Duty Land Tax is an entirely different tax- different in its application, rates, the lot!

See https://www.gov.uk/stamp-duty-land-tax/overview

Was anyone confused by calling it stamp duty, and not STLD? With regards to purchasing houses I've never heard anyone actually call it STLD.

Using the correct term doesn't alter what I said. 2nd houses, be that for BTL or any other reason, now attract an additional 3% tax on the purchase price.

There is. Through the bank. For contract renewal.

What are the grounds then?

---------- Post added 31-05-2016 at 08:30 ----------

Probably because that isn't what it's called, to be fair.

It's not Sexually Transmitted Land Duty.

Good one :hihi: