Landlords help please. What are tenants rights?

You don't know much about assured shorthold tenancies do you, nor have you read the replies to the OP.

Post number 4 spells it out.

If it's cancelled 3 months into a 12 month contract, claim the money back through bank. That's all I said :loopy:

Thanks again for replies. It's been marketed for around 2 weeks now and not 1 viewing so maybe I was worrying unduly. Can someone clear this up first me....Does the buy to let landlord have to pay SDLT on the house if it sells at £115,000 or does SDLT start on houses priced over £125,000 ??? Thanks a lot xx

if it's cancelled 3 months into a 12 month contract, claim the money back through bank. That's all i said :loopy:

it CAN'T BE CANCELLED.

It's an assured shorthold tenancy.

Jeez, catch up, or stop giving nonsense advice.

---------- Post added 02-06-2016 at 15:11 ----------

Thanks again for replies. It's been marketed for around 2 weeks now and not 1 viewing so maybe I was worrying unduly. Can someone clear this up first me....Does the buy to let landlord have to pay SDLT on the house if it sells at £115,000 or does SDLT start on houses priced over £125,000 ??? Thanks a lot xx

The 2nd property SDLT applies to any 2nd property AFAIK, so that's 3% straight away.

The base 2% doesn't apply unless the sale price is >125k, at which point it would be 3% on the whole amount, plus 2% on the amount over 125k (I think that's how it works now, rather than on the entire balance).

Edited by Cyclone

You only need to show prospective buyers round the house, not provide them with mortgage advice as well :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

The 2nd property SDLT applies to any 2nd property AFAIK, so that's 3% straight away.

The base 2% doesn't apply unless the sale price is >125k, at which point it would be 3% on the whole amount, plus 2% on the amount over 125k (I think that's how it works now, rather than on the entire balance).

Yes. SDLT rates differ between (effectively):

owner-occupied [OO]; and

everything else [EE].

So the OO and EE rates are:

up to & inc. £40 000: 0% in both cases

over that, up to & inc. £125 000: 0% [OO] and 3% [EE]

over that, up to & inc. £250 000: 2% [OO] and 5% [EE]

over that, up to & inc. £500 000: 3% [OO] and 6% [EE]

over that, up to & inc. £1 000 000: 5% [OO] and 8% [EE].

• 2 weeks later...

So the saga continues for us. The house was reduced in price last Monday and this generated a lot of interest. Between last Monday and Today (so exactly 7 days) we've had to contend with 10 telephone calls from the letting agent and 5 viewings. My disabled daughter is distraught with all the upset. I can't believe this can be considered to be were being left in quiet peace to enjoy our tenancy. Ridiculous. None of the viewers have been made aware of our tenancy and length. I'm tired and I'm out. But I'm guessing I'm going to lose my bond not to mention all the decorations and gates we've had fitted. I'm devastated.

So the saga continues for us. The house was reduced in price last Monday and this generated a lot of interest. Between last Monday and Today (so exactly 7 days) we've had to contend with 10 telephone calls from the letting agent and 5 viewings. My disabled daughter is distraught with all the upset. I can't believe this can be considered to be were being left in quiet peace to enjoy our tenancy. Ridiculous. None of the viewers have been made aware of our tenancy and length. I'm tired and I'm out. But I'm guessing I'm going to lose my bond not to mention all the decorations and gates we've had fitted. I'm devastated.

Tell the estate agent to do one viewing a week where all the interested party's can come together.

Take the gates with you when you leave, the bond will stay in the scheme if you don't agree you owe anything to the landlord and the deposit will just sit there till agreement is reached.

I find it hard to believe that a national letting agent would do anything other than what is required of them by law but in my previous lettings I've had personal correspondence from the deposit protection service however in this instance I've had nothing from the DPS so I'm even questioning Whether this has been carried out correctly xx

Didn't people advise you that you don't need to accept so many viewings?

Make them when they're convenient for you, if it works better, have multiple viewings simultaneously.

Why leave and lose your bond, tell the agents you won't accept so many viewings and then don't. Hell, stop answering the phone if you like.