Sports Direct click and collect

Today I was looking for a new air bed so did a Google and Sports Direct had what I wanted, so I tried to buy with the click and collect but I didn't think it was working as I couldn't get a click and collect screen. So as I was near Meadowhell this morning I thought I would call in, the price in store was £12.00 more than online so I asked if they would price match, yes not a problem but they would have to charge me £4.95 for P&P. I asked how that could be as I was in store and according to the robbing sods website it's to keep a growing customer base, I was told that click and collect screen came up after you have paid for the items one of the delivery options so I asked the manager if I went outside and paid for it on click and collect could I come back instore and collect as I was already there, the answer was no because it has to come from the warehouse 2-3 days delivery and not from the on the shelf shop stock. To put it bluntly as a fully paid up Yorkshireman I refuse to pay P&P for something that's on the shelf which they would price match but wouldn't give the £5 voucher to spend in store so needless to say I bid them good day and took my business elsewhere.

Where did you get one from in the end?

Go outdoors, we wanted a deeper base than the standard air bed, ok I paid £5 for their discount card but also got 10% discount for caravan club membership so got a better quality bed for almost the same money and no quibbles.

I had something similar with Homebase. I had a discount voucher for a particular day and needed some floor tiles. I went in but they didn't have enough in stock so I asked if I could take the ones they had, order and pay the for rest and apply the discount to the whole order. The answer was no, so they lost the sale.

I am amazed how many stores manage to upset their own customers with ridiculous online policies like this.

I went to Boots to buy something which was advertised on their own website ,no mention of it being on offer or internet only offer.It was instock locally but more expensive ,I showed them their own website and they said they could not match.I pointed out that it said it was available to click and collect instore and they said I would have to order it that way and make a return trip to pick it up even though it was in stock in the shop!

I emailed them to ask about this policy as it seemed ridiculous they replied it was correct as their online operations were run as a separate business.That is the opposite of what should be done in my opinion the successful business in the future are ones which use online to compliment their stores not compete against it.

Edited by Fudbeer