Sports Direct click and collect

As said, surely that depends. If Thomson Online are selling it for £1000, Thomson shop is selling it for £1030 and the Thomas Cook shop (as an example) is selling it for £1050, going to the latter and buying it is merely cutting your nose off to spite one's face....

If Thompson weren't willing to forgo £30 to gain my business, I'd struggle to trust them to spend money on putting things right if there was a problem with my holiday. So I'd probably go elsewhere.

Would you give a business your custom if it was blatantly obvious that they didn't value it? Would you also trust that company with your custom?

If Thompson weren't willing to forgo £30 to gain my business, I'd struggle to trust them to spend money on putting things right if there was a problem with my holiday. So I'd probably go elsewhere.

Would you give a business your custom if it was blatantly obvious that they didn't value it? Would you also trust that company with your custom?

Id probably just go online and book it, to be honest.

---------- Post added 23-05-2016 at 11:30 ----------

I don't think Argos charge for Click and Collect

Their whole business model is going into a store and picking stuff up, so its hardly a surprise.

The idea that a website has things cheaper than their own companies shop is outdated.

The whole idea is to get the online business and encourage the customer into the store.

Many reasons for this not least that customers will often purchase additional items when

They visit and it's also an opportunity to build customer loyalty most internet customers have very little loyalty and shop almost solely on price.

They visit and it's also an opportunity to build customer loyalty most internet customers have very little loyalty and shop almost solely on price.

But to have loyalty, the store needs to give service

Last time in Sports Direct:

"Excuse me, I'm after this jacket in that size"

"Sorry, if it's not on the rail it's not in stock"

"What about all those hung up above? Would the size I want be there?"

"No"

"No? Are you sure?"

"No, won't be there" (walks off)

Find someone else

"Excuse me, can anyone help look for jacket/size or can I borrow some steps to look myself. There are quite a lot of this jacket hung high up on the pillar"

Second assistant fetches pole and reaches down the jacket I wanted in the right size

So no, I don't have any customer loyalty to somewhere that makes me work hard to shop there. But then, treat the staff like dirt on ridiculous contracts and you aren't going to get the best out of people. That and the fact that lining the loathsome Mike Ashley's pockets doesn't appeal

Assuming you could find the holiday £30 cheaper in another shop, of course.

Things being slightly cheaper online is nothing new. Welcome to the year 2016.

Very true, when you are buying on line, you are serving yourself i.e. doing all the paperwork and transactions. If you go to the store an assistant has to do all that and they are an overhead who need to be paid. Don't know if I am talking a load of tripe, but that's the only logic I can think of as to why the product or the holiday etc. is cheaper online.

But to have loyalty, the store needs to give service

Last time in Sports Direct:

"Excuse me, I'm after this jacket in that size"

"Sorry, if it's not on the rail it's not in stock"

"What about all those hung up above? Would the size I want be there?"

"No"

"No? Are you sure?"

"No, won't be there" (walks off)

Find someone else

"Excuse me, can anyone help look for jacket/size or can I borrow some steps to look myself. There are quite a lot of this jacket hung high up on the pillar"

Second assistant fetches pole and reaches down the jacket I wanted in the right size

So no, I don't have any customer loyalty to somewhere that makes me work hard to shop there. But then, treat the staff like dirt on ridiculous contracts and you aren't going to get the best out of people. That and the fact that lining the loathsome Mike Ashley's pockets doesn't appeal

Agree would never spend money in that awful shop and the way he treats his staff with 0 hour contracts is a digrace.