Anxiety, our most common problem?

When does feeling down turn to depression or is it all depression?

Speaking from experience 18 months on from a close family member dying..still depression.

Who's to say what is or isn't depression.

---------- Post added 25-05-2016 at 14:19 ----------

60'000 posts says unemployed.

Brilliant explanation, and a great explanation of what I said earlier.

We've just had 'Mental Health' week. The truth is that mental illness is the fastest growing health problem we have today. Suicide rates are rocketing.

At the same time provision is at its lowest ever and has suffered major government cuts. The help simply isn't there.

Mental health often has to deal with crisis situations. Putting someone who is suicidal on a 10 month waiting list is not helpful.

Male suicide rates are 4 to 1 in young age groups. :(

---------- Post added 25-05-2016 at 14:23 ----------

Brilliant explanation, and a great explanation of what I said earlier.

Because it's true. Well done sir!

You can't just understand depression from a Google definition.

Male suicide rates are 4 to 1 in young age groups. :(

---------- Post added 25-05-2016 at 14:23 ----------

Because it's true. Well done sir!

You can't just understand depression from a Google definition.

This is why we need to change the entire system. Education does start at home but we also need to educate the educators... believe me when I say this.

When does feeling down turn to depression or is it all depression? We know what causes depression.

Speaking from experience 18 months on from a close family member dying..still depression exists.

Who's to say what is or isn't depression objectively.

Medical professional maybe?

---------- Post added 25-05-2016 at 15:26 ----------

60'000 posts says unemployed.

Not checking the joined date says not very bright.

You really are like a robot :hihi:

Depression is a medical condition... really! It's people like you are cause people to go backwards. Meaningless psycho babble... yes to you. People aren't labels, they are people. I bet you work with computers don't you?

Yes, really, by definition it's a medical diagnoses. What do you think it is?

Nobody talked about people being labels, except you. Labelling a problem however allows it to be identified and treat. If you just wave your hands in the air and spout some babble then you haven't achieved anything except wasting the time of everyone involved.

---------- Post added 25-05-2016 at 15:28 ----------

Believe you.....why?

Because {psycho babble}...

Are you two the same people??

Cyclone may have 60,000 + posts but how many other username have you had??

No sorry Chelle, we're not... I was just referring to the inability to truly understand mental health. Text book thinking doesn't usually help with depression or mental health and Cyclone comes across well in some posts but has no dynamic thinking when it comes to human emotion. Hence the slight tongue in cheek remark I said... which didn't mean to offend.

Believe you.....why?

Well I'm not going to say on a public forum. But let me say this. Mental whilst people are becoming more aware, the system is failing more. That's irrefutable.

The problem with mental health is that people suddenly become black and white and whilst you can say it is medical, it needs to be treated differently. You can't treat everyone the same for a start and black and white thinking towards mental health only leads to a brick wall and ultimately failure.