Deal over Turkey joining the EU?

Turkey even being on the cards for joining the EU is the reason I will be voting out. Who next, Iraq, then Afghanistan then............

But it's not on the cards. Do you think that Cyprus, Greece or even our government will vote to allow them to join?

So I guess that you'll be voting in, now that your fears have been eased.

Working tax credit, you need to be working, ie. You need a work visa. Child tax credit, alone is hardly enough to eat from, let alone pay British rents. This is the prototypical case of the Leave campaign scaremongering and very easily debunked once you think things through.

Also, this is the result of poorly worded national law and can be changed without the EU, what is stopping the UK doing that?

None of which changes the fact that they can claim tax credits which is something you claimed was inaccurate.

Why are you mocking?
Because your argument is laughable. Simple as :)

You've been explained lengthways, sideways and crossways how and why this mass importation of Turks and their kebab shops, which you fear, isn't going to happen.

It's your prerogative to stick your fingers in your ears and your head in the sand, and to keep shouting "the Turks are coming, the Turks are coming". And to look utterly ridiculous by reason of same.

None of which changes the fact that they can claim tax credits which is something you claimed was inaccurate.
To claim tax credits, people have to be working and earning a taxable income.

A tourism visa doesn't allow the holder to work.

So, can you please explain to me how any Turk (or other), who is not allowed to work in the UK because they hold a tourism visa, going to successfully claim tax credits from HMRC?

Is the UK tax and benefits system that borked?

And if it is, can you please also explain to me how is that anything to do with the EU?

Answers on a postage stamp please, it's more than enough space for the purpose.

Edited by L00b

But it's not on the cards. Do you think that Cyprus, Greece or even our government will vote to allow them to join?

So I guess that you'll be voting in, now that your fears have been eased.

If there was no chance of Turkey joining then why did they even mention it ? The EU was the magnificent 7, and I was right by their side but it,s slowly crept up over the years and it's now gone too far.

If there was no chance of Turkey joining then why did they even mention it ? The EU was the magnificent 7, and I was right by their side but it,s slowly crept up over the years and it's now gone too far.

Isn't it the Brexit lot that are getting excited about Turkey joining the EU?

So whilst you're deciding upon how your vote will go on this crucial junction in our country's destiny, do you think that Cyprus or Greece will vote to accept Turkey if Turkey meets all the entrance criteria, of which they are a long way from doing so.

Once you've thought these issues through, surely you'll conclude that there isn't any danger of Turkey, in it's present form, joining the EU. So as a result you'll be voting to remain in the EU.

Because your argument is laughable. Simple as :)

You've been explained lengthways, sideways and crossways how and why this mass importation of Turks and their kebab shops, which you fear, isn't going to happen.

It's your prerogative to stick your fingers in your ears and your head in the sand, and to keep shouting "the Turks are coming, the Turks are coming". And to look utterly ridiculous by reason of same.

To claim tax credits, people have to be working and earning a taxable income.

A tourism visa doesn't allow the holder to work.

So, can you please explain to me how any Turk (or other), who is not allowed to work in the UK because they hold a tourism visa, going to successfully claim tax credits from HMRC?

Is the UK tax and benefits system that borked?

And if it is, can you please also explain to me how is that anything to do with the EU?

Answers on a postage stamp please, it's more than enough space for the purpose.

It's happening by 2020.

Is that because Tomjames says it does?

Or did you have any arguments to put forward in support of your claim, but you just like to keep readers in suspense? :hihi:

People need to know the truth. Turkey by 2020. Albania and the rest in a generation.

People need to know the truth. Turkey by 2020. Albania and the rest in a generation.

Haven't we been through the difference between opinions and facts before, or are you still struggling to understand what seems to be for you a difficult concept?