Deal over Turkey joining the EU?

Take some immodium and have a rest

---------- Post added 24-05-2016 at 08:34 ----------

We can vote any domestic government out in 4 or 5 years. That's the difference.

In this country you can vote against Labour or against Tories and only if you are lucky enough to live in a seat that is actually contested (thus excluding practically all of Sheffield).

So whilst you 'can' it is very unlikely to have an effect. In the meantime UKIP does manage to get representation in Europe, leading to a degree of recognition, leading to a referendum on Europe. Seems to me that the route through the EU is where Brits actually get bang for their buck.

Quite funny really.

The Brexiters on here see Cameron as some kind of untrustworthy demonic presence now. Last year he was the best thing ever, guiding their beloved Tories to victory.

Last year they were happy to terrorised into voting Tory, responding to every dog whistle peep. Now they are indignant at having the same robust tactics used against them.

Turkey will not be joining the EU. Not a hope.

The the remain camp on here saw Cameron as some kind of untrustworthy demonic presence since he came into office, attacking the poor whilst giving more to the rich, but now he offers the best vision for our future and can be trusted without question, he is the man on the side of the poor.

---------- Post added 24-05-2016 at 08:53 ----------

In the meantime UKIP does manage to get representation in Europe, leading to a degree of recognition, leading to a referendum on Europe.

The fact they won the European elections tells us that most people are unhappy with the EU and don't want to be in it in its current form, if we stay in UKIP will gain more ground on the other parties.

In this country you can vote against Labour or against Tories and only if you are lucky enough to live in a seat that is actually contested (thus excluding practically all of Sheffield).

So whilst you 'can' it is very unlikely to have an effect. In the meantime UKIP does manage to get representation in Europe, leading to a degree of recognition, leading to a referendum on Europe. Seems to me that the route through the EU is where Brits actually get bang for their buck.

Well the local counsellors are green and labour, the local mp is labour and the central government is conservative.

To say there's little democracy that's a diverse bunch.

How is answering your question sidestepping it? You don't trust the government, you don't trust the EU, you are a Brexit campaigner on this forum regardless, strikes me as odd and an excellent way of assuring you never get what you want.

On topic - Turkey has a list of criteria to meet before being allowed visa-free travel, despite some people here claiming it is a done deal, the EU has just announced that Turkey still has a hell of a way to go to meet those criteria. When I have access to a proper computer I'll find the list.

again still not answered :suspect: I see you seem to trust/not trust our gov when it suits you :D

The fact that they have only one MP tells us that most people are unhappy with UKIP.

One MP! That's the same as Labour ended up with in Scotland. They had 41 at the start of 2015. Tells us that most people in Scotland are unhappy with Labour.

One MP! That's the same as Labour ended up with in Scotland. They had 41 at the start of 2015. Tells us that most people in Scotland are unhappy with Labour.

Well they are but that doesn't make UKIP any more popular. When UKIP won the 2014 European elections they got 26.6% of the vote, hardly "most people". That almost halved a year later.