Dennis Skinner in hospital

I'd say the opposite - it's because of his left wing politics that he's backing Brexit.

Absolutely. The left wing case for Brexit is just as strong as that on the right. An unholy alliance if ever there was one.

Got to agree life would be so poor with out somebody like him calling a spade a shovel. He doesn't mess about he tells them what he thinks and doesn't suffer fools gladly. Much like me with Rotherham Council.

Please yourself. Were you there too ?

No, I never said I was :huh:.

I just made the point that he took the time to show some school children around the HoC - that doesn't sound like the actions of someone that's rude and unpleasant....Yes Mr Skinner is forthright and direct, that's probably why many hold him in high regard.

Got to agree life would be so poor with out somebody like him calling a spade a shovel. He doesn't mess about he tells them what he thinks and doesn't suffer fools gladly. Much like me with Rotherham Council.

Sounds about right.

He doesn't know the difference between a spade and a shovel, but people carry on voting for him.

I just made the point that he took the time to show some school children around the HoC - that doesn't sound like the actions of someone that's rude and unpleasant....Yes Mr Skinner is forthright and direct, That's probably why many hold him in high regard.

Yes they do, and even though I disagree with some of his views, I'm definitely one of them.

I too have nothing but the highest regard for Dennis Skinner; a man of integrity, compassion and moral values.

He became a representative of hard working [miners] ordinary men from whom through intellect and determination he gave a voice. I've never found anything objectionable about his views as they are motivated by wishing to see a fairer society.

The latter being something that has consistently been eroded by successive Tory governments.

Equally, it is hard to find a Tory to match him as their motivation is completely different. They were led by, and still very much revere, Thatcher who claimed there was no such thing as society [ quoting Dennis.] Where as Dennis Skinner has sought to improve society from the bottom up. This differs from the Tories where even today we see Eton educated, wealthy, aristocratic rule by those related to the priviledged few.

Get well and get back to work Dennis ...... we more than need you.