Dennis Skinner in hospital

I find his sarcastic one liners to Black Rod, or which ever minor dignitary happens to be in his eyeline on the state opening of parliament to be very funny. Beats all the nauseating bowing and scraping that usually passes for convention.

I find his sarcastic one liners to Black Rod, or which ever minor dignitary happens to be in his eyeline on the state opening of parliament to be very funny. Beats all the nauseating bowing and scraping that usually passes for convention.

"Dodgy Dave".

"Hands off the BBC".

We need more over 65's in parliament if they are like Dennis. He's the only one who tells it like it is. All the others are too scared to rock the boat and put their careers first.

Hope he makes a full and speedy recovery.

Are people sure about this? He was on Radio 4 this morning speaking in a parliamentary debate yesterday about the referendum. Hansard has him speaking in yesterday's Commons debate;

https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2016-05-23/debates/1605231000002/UKEconomyPost-ReferendumAssessment

It looks more like he was treated last Friday and is already up and about.

Best place for him. He is rude and unpleasant. He showed Mrs Jeremy round the House of Commons when she was nowt but a lass, he was rude to her and her schoolies.

He has helped me out on a couple of occasions in depute with Bolsover council.

He always answered my letters straight away as well as asking for back up on the outcome.

A proper M.P. who calls a spade a spade ,some folk do not like the up front method that Dennis uses.

I suggest that you listen to his latest interview with Jeremy Vine on Radio four for some more insight into his character.

Edited by samssong
jeremy

Best place for him. He is rude and unpleasant. He showed Mrs Jeremy round the House of Commons when she was nowt but a lass, he was rude to her and her schoolies.

If he was that rude & unpleasant he would've just refused to show them round the HoC in the first place?