Family to lose home for not having car insured

Yes. Subrogation means, in effect, that DI is 'buying' out V's rights against D. In exchange for the payout, DI takes-over V's rights.

If D is not at fault, DI will not pursue D for the payout/costs.

But if D is a drink-driver, or D's car is unroadworthy, there's a breach of D's obligations to DI (insurance contract).

Yes. Subrogation means, in effect, that DI is 'buying' out V's rights against D. In exchange for the payout, DI takes-over V's rights.

If D is not at fault, DI will not pursue D for the payout/costs.

But if D is a drink-driver, or D's car is unroadworthy, there's a breach of D's obligations to DI (insurance contract).

Do you think we can have this in English please?

Insurance company pays out the victim of an accident.

However, if the policyholder is found to be in breach their agreement i.e. by being a fraudulent scumbag or chancer or drunk/drugged up the insurers will be able to recoup their payment back.

In other words, it COULD be the insurance company themselves recouping their money which has lead to said loss of home for this "family"

Returning to the story at hand - This driver tried cheating the system, pretended his mum was the main driver and now get his well deserved punishment.

Dont do the crime if you cant pay the time. Its simple. If they went to The Star looking for sad face photos and sympathy from the Sheffield population I dont fancy their chances of getting it.

Edited by ECCOnoob

Insurance company pays out the victim of an accident.

However, if the policyholder is found to be in breach their agreement i.e. by being a fraudulent scumbag or chancer or drunk/drugged up the insurers will be able to recoup their payment back.

In other words, it COULD be the insurance company themselves recouping their money which has lead to said loss of home for this "family"

Returning to the story at hand - This driver tried cheating the system, pretended his mum was the main driver and now get his well deserved punishment.

Dont do the crime if you cant pay the time. Its simple. If they went to The Star looking for sad face photos and sympathy from the Sheffield population I dont fancy their chances of getting it.

This isn't a punishment though. It's a direct consequence of the driver and his families decision not to take out the correct insurance.

Punishment would be locking someone up or a fine or community service or something like that over and above facing the consequences for their actions.

This isn't a punishment though. It's a direct consequence of the driver and his families decision not to take out the correct insurance.

Punishment would be locking someone up or a fine or community service or something like that over and above facing the consequences for their actions.

OK, ok. I apologise for my poor wording. My Secretary is not around to do my proof reading.

My point still remins. He deserves everything he got.

I think any young driver would jump at only £1000 a year for car insurance, it's usually loads more.

Personally I think they need to change the test or driving age, the stats speak for themselves young people with licences just don't drive very well.

Some young people don't drive very well and that's down to a lack of experience, this is where parents come in, when your child as passed their test go out with them until they gain more experience, the more hours they put in before they drive alone the safer they will be.

Consequences of actions. They lied to the insurance company on whom was the the main driver of the car. It's called Fronting and boils down to insurance fraud.

Ignorance is no defence for the offence.

It's totally fair that they paid the price they paid.

Fronting costs the insurance industry millions every year. Millions that they re-coup from US, the ones that insure our vehicles legally and without committing fraud, paying higher premiums for the privilege.

My g/daughter aged almost 18 has had black box fitted to her fiat 500 to reduce her insurance premium.

The cost is still horrendous ( ca £2k) and if she breaks the speed limit by 50% her insurance is cancelled, and presumably if she just keeps going over the limit her insurance will increase if not refused.

Her mother's not allowed drive the car as she is not so patient as her daughter.

Edited by davyboy

"...any rubbish... ? Er, no. Insurance obtained on a fraudulent basis is void- so the company won't pay you (even if it's a valid claim).

Yes, you can tell an insurance company any rubbish you want until it's claim time and have to prove it. Which is what I said.