Help with selling a car

Just sold my car and the guy has left me a deposit with the rest to pay when he collects it at the weekend, but he's just messaged me asking if he can have the new registered keeper number that's on the log book... Is it safe to do that?

I literally have no idea about this. It could potentially just be a stupid question haha.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

When you sell the car you give him the new keeper section. That will let him tax it at any post office or he can do it online or over the phone at that point. He doenst need it now and you shouldnt let him have it till he's paid in full.

When you sell the car you give him the new keeper section. That will let him tax it at any post office or he can do it online or over the phone at that point. He doenst need it now and you shouldnt let him have it till he's paid in full.

I think he wants it so he can get it taxed for when he picks it up... Is that safe to do so?

It all boils down to how much you trust him essentially.

I can see the reason he would want to tax it so its legal to drive home.

If anyone tried to get the logbook into their name without the actual green slip then the dvla would contact the previous owner to say what's happening and confirm that you agree and know.

Theres really not much else he/she can do with the logbook number.

OK

Here we go

The V5C or Logbook states on it in big clear text that the document does not prove ownership of the car. It just shows who is responsible for taxing the vehicle.

Go read that and put your mind at rest then give him the number so he can tax the car. Its still your car until you give him a receipt to say otherwise.