Has our achievements stumped our evolution?

In other words an anchor.

What?!?

And how's it possible because a thought must come from somewhere... such as dreams or unconscious thoughts. What if we had memory challenges... but can still think... where do those thoughts come from?

I don't know how to explain this any clearer than with my previous answer.

Our brains are little more than complicated computers. Not quite along the same lines as the computers we build, but not far off. All thoughts are a combination of stimulus, brain chemistry and especially neurone wiring. There's nothing more to it.

What?!?

I don't know how to explain this any clearer than with my previous answer.

Our brains are little more than complicated computers. Not quite along the same lines as the computers we build, but not far off. All thoughts are a combination of stimulus, brain chemistry and especially neurone wiring. There's nothing more to it.

Ok, how is our brain powered, where does the energy come from?

I don't personally need to back it up

Well, you do if you expect to be able to engage in sensible debate.

If you make assertions then you need to be able to validate them. :roll:

---------- Post added 25-05-2016 at 14:16 ----------

I'm sorry Cyclone but that's not close enough to an explanation for me so I will refer you back to the amoeba and request an explanation of why they don't just gobble up their nearest amoeba neighbour. The kill switch is my shorthand, not an actual thing.

Re cuckoos, The cuckoo is still an unsolved question and I'm aware of imprinting but it is still only a very convincing but definitely unproven theory and your further research will produce experiments where imprinting has failed to take place convincingly by something as simple as switching out the host species.

Jukes x

It's a good hypothesis that explains the observed phenomena and is falsifiable and testable.

If you're going to reject it just because it doesn't suit your purposes then that is really quite revealing.

It's a good hypothesis that explains the observed phenomena and is falsifiable and testable.

If you're going to reject it just because it doesn't suit your purposes then that is really quite revealing.

Though not terribly shocking given the character involved.

Having looked up the amoeba, it's quite well understood why they don't eat other amoeba and can even be explained in evolutionary terms.

Firstly, they avoid certain chemical markers, they do this because these things are not 'edible' by them. Avoiding them is an evolutionary response to increase the chance of survival and thus reproduction.

Secondly, they've learned to mimic these chemicals and thus avoid being eaten themselves by another amoeba. This is an evolutionary response which increases the chance of survival drastically, and so it has spread throughout the entire population (basically any amoeba without this adaptation were eaten and the lines without this genetic ability ended).

QED.

Also - you could have found this out for yourself if you look beyond pop science mystery websites.